I've read a ton of posts and threads but...620 lowering.

Siempreloco

I've read a ton of 620 lowering posts and such, i'm asking what the best plan of action is for me base on what i want to do:

I was going to be running 15x10 wheels but i've decided to run 15x8s instead, I want to lower the truck enough to have an aggressive, even stance, but not be too low to not have any function, my truck is, and will always be a truck, and i plan on using it as one.

I was planning on lowering the rear with blocks and then messing with torsions up front, keep it cheap and easy, my main questions would be ride feel, what i can do on the cheap that could be better than this idea, problems this plan could cause, success of the stance that i am looking for.

Also, i looked at the step by step "guide" to lowering with the torsion bar, and it says it drops it 5 inches... that's not what i'm going for here, i also saw something different with two bolts being adjusted, but then saw something else saying that i would have to still do something involving unclipping the torsion bar and re indexing it?

I guess this just isn't all adding up for me.

Help?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you can run just some 4x4 720 leafs off of a 84 or so that I what I did and then i have ran 3 inch and 2 inch blocks with the front slammed. With using 3 inch blocks you will have a problem with the axle hitting the frame on bumps. here or some oics. the first is with 3 inch blocks 033111142129.jpg and this one is with 2 inch blocks 051011151912.jpg

Look up metalmonkey47's build and pm him ... his truck height might be what you are looking for!

:)

Yeah... i've seen it dry.gif

The 720 leafs are probably a good idea....but i havn't had any luck locating them near home... and i have time tomorrow... blocks are cheap....I just want to dig in and things keep pushing me back, i'm tired of waiting.

you can run just some 4x4 720 leafs off of a 84 or so that I what I did and then i have ran 3 inch and 2 inch blocks with the front slammed. With using 3 inch blocks you will have a problem with the axle hitting the frame on bumps. h

Now, are these pics with the 720 leafs AND blocks, or just blocks?

and these are both a bit low, the second one being much closer, but not quite right.

Yeah... i've seen it dry.gif

The 720 leafs are probably a good idea....but i havn't had any luck locating them near home... and i have time tomorrow... blocks are cheap....I just want to dig in and things keep pushing me back, i'm tired of waiting.

If you help me finish my truck

I'll give you the l20b.

Gas-A-Just shocks (620 rear; Pinto/Mustang II Front)

Re-index torsion bars 1 click. MAYBE 2.

3" blocks. Maybe 4".

2 degree shims for blocks.

Wheels and tires.

DONE!

720 leafs are gonna be harder to find, but not impossible.

Get some!

ALSO...

When going anything over 3" in the back...

1" square tubing to raise carrier bearing on drive line.

You may think WTF, but you need to just do it.

You will know why when you don't.

• Like 1

Dude id love to but i have to be at work at 3, factoring in the drives, even if i get up at the crack of dawn i wont have much time to help you... next time i get a few days off ill probably hit you up though.

We can (probably) Finish the body work and paint in a weekend. And I should have it in the shop down the road here pretty soon where there is ton's of work room.

Depending on the compression tool readings, may rebuild one of the engines. I could have an income here pretty soon so all I'll need is someone to help me blow money on the truck cool.gif

I'm just so horribly organized. (I wan a sticker that says ADD as Fuck) I can never sit and finish one thing on the truck. I try to do it all at once biggrin.gif

Gas-A-Just shocks (620 rear; Pinto/Mustang II Front)

Re-index torsion bars 1 click. MAYBE 2.

3" blocks. Maybe 4".

2 degree shims for blocks.

Wheels and tires.

DONE!

720 leafs are gonna be harder to find, but not impossible.

Get some!

ALSO...

When going anything over 3" in the back...

1" square tubing to raise carrier bearing on drive line.

You may think WTF, but you need to just do it.

You will know why when you don't.

This post is full of good info, however looking at the measurements seems to imply that this is a VERY low drop, Let me get some reference pics in here to clear some things up.. truck as it sits atm:

IMG_0386494.jpg

Mainly focus on the spacing between the fender and tire, and also keep in mind that i will at times have a bed full of shit.

I would like to reach about this level:

pl521photoshoot043.jpg

Now keep in mind that i may run 15x10s like this truck, if i can find a reasonably priced tire to mount on them....for that realize please that i am against "tucking" of the wheels and tires, i want to sit low and wide.

With this in mind and ALSO keeping in mind that although i am NOT against the torsion bar technique, id like to try to avoid camber issues as much as possible to make my tires last.

Moderate 2-3 Inch Drop

Front

Re-Index Torsion Bar 1 Tooth Off And Run Pinto KYBs

Rear

4X4 Leaf Springs And Monroe Self Leveling Shocks

After That Have The Front End Aligned And Set The Pinion Angle

DONE :P

Now If You Want 5" :rofl:

Front

Lower Bumpstop Mounts, Lo-Profile Bumpstops, Machine Spindles, Raise Shock Towers

Stock KYBs, Re-Index 2 Teeth Off

Rear

C-Notch Frame, 4X4 Springs, 3" Blocks, 9 Degree Shims, Raise Bearing, Monroe Self-Leveling Shocks

is it for your 78 or 73 620?

if I am not mistaken the 78 has ball joint not king pin, Ball joint suspension can accept the use of dropped hardbody spindles.

73, my 78 is..well...its an autotragic with a bad case of the rusts and redneck interior engineering....my 73 is a freshly rebuilt clean inside and out truck that needs paint, exhaust, wheels and tires to make me happy.

Oh...and some low.

Moderate 2-3 Inch Drop

Front

Re-Index Torsion Bar 1 Tooth Off And Run Pinto KYBs

Rear

4X4 Leaf Springs And Monroe Self Leveling Shocks

After That Have The Front End Aligned And Set The Pinion Angle

DONE :P

What f i cant find any 4x4 leafs? that's my main issue right now.