Cali rat project

DaElv

so i decided i should start my build thread since im working on my truck just about every day in some way... today i made a rough airdam out of aluminum (still need to shape,any ideas?) and i installed a 21/4 in tach from harbor freight, and i started on the much needed body work..... the dents that bugged me the most were the rear corners so i did some work in my body class tonight...

this was a couple months ago how i got itdatsunfirstday.jpg

this is nowdatsunleaves2.jpg

and the airdam (any ideas for shape?)1328742321.jpg

tires in gutter1328742253.jpg

damn dentsdatdented.jpg

and progressdatsuncornerplastic.jpg

just showing off my brothers lift :P1328742151.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet lookin truck. You've done some great work.

Here's a quick photoshop of your truck with the BRE air dam on it.

Personally not always a huge fan of the air dam, but I think it could definitely work on your truck.Picture27.jpg

Thanks, it looks good with that bre one on it...do you know where i might be able to get one if this one dosent work out?

Love those wheels & tires on that truck. Perfect fit. Perfect size. Simple, clean & cheap! RaTsun Baby! :cool:

Beauty of these types of wheels is that everyone is getting rid of them on craigslist for like 100-150 for some wide wheels....these are 15x10 i got for $80

That Metal Air Dam is the right idea, If your heading towards a Rat Rod. I think we Have very similar tastes!

Mine so far:

Thats bad ass!! I like your style! Though we get yelled at by purists....DGAF

ovw26.jpg

Radio

Nice truck, Finally someone else shares the same styling, My truck is definitely not for the purist and pretty rat-roddish. :P

Yeah...i love your truck and thats kindoa what im goin for..dont get mad at me if i get those fender mirrors :)

Hehe, go for it dude, it's your truck do what YOU want.

Although i get my truck ripped off a lot. :P

The way i see it your car/truck is an extension of yourself nobody is the same, no car should either, people can talk shit, but at the end of they day it's YOUR car.

Hehe, go for it dude, it's your truck do what YOU want.

Although i get my truck ripped off a lot. :P

The way i see it your car/truck is an extension of yourself nobody is the same, no car should either, people can talk shit, but at the end of they day it's YOUR car.

Exactly! Thats what makes it fun... some peeps dont get it though.....sad really .ha