Cali rat project

DaElv

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno. Its a aftermarket hood and its cheap. It can eat away lol I got extras. im.running out of room for all the extra body panels I keep hoarding lol

hahahaha......send me one so i can try it! lol...... it would look cool if you could see your motor through the rust holes+ polished valve cover =pimp=na$ty!!

Guest kamakazi620

so i got some work in earlier that adressed the square dam...

1328832683.jpg

Im thinking about adding some rectangular amber fog lights in the dam in line with the amber highbeams....yes or no?

i see your problem its circled on your hat

• 1 month later...

so havent updated in a while but some things have been done since last time.

so far i dearched the leafs by heating the main spring and bending it flat. (i know the risks of de-tempering yada yada yada)

brand new clutch and clutch master

seals in tranny

racing seat so i actually fit now

plasti-diped the wheel centers

misc. body work on the bed side

made a taillight filler plate out of perforated aluminum

and im working on a tow hook to put through my air dam because i have the feeling this little guy is gonna leave me stranded on a long trip :hmm: and there is nowhere to grab the front.

on the to do list is is remove all but two leafs and re index torsions, install smaller bumpstops upfront(rubber plugs frome home depot) pinto shocks, C-notch, and possibly weld the diff if i can find another diff.(again, i know the "dangers of a welded diff and the downsides but i think it would enhance my spirited driving B) )

the gills on the hood are from 240z windows.. just layed them on there but i kinda like them..haha almost cosworth looking if you ask me.

1333667514.jpg

1333667127.jpg1333666140.jpg1333667884.jpg1333991522.jpg1333991459.jpg1334041019.jpg1334041108.jpg1333992214.jpg

• 2 months later...

sooooo i wrecked my truck in april trying to "DRIFT" and made friends with a tree....i was so mad that i just parked it and diddnt look at it till now and i wanna fix it..im looking for anyone that has a cab theyll sell. ill take a king cab if possible and shorten my bed so it fits. heres the dammage :(

1342070089.jpg

I think the amount u would have to shorten the bed to make a king cab fit would look kinda funny. I would just part out the entire truck and try and find a king cab to start. I think You will be happier in the end. Sucks about the truck. atleast u didnt get hurt.

Ouch indeed!

drifting on the back roads? B)

The part about heating the rear springs scares me. they used to do that in the 50's. It didn't work then either. Just taking all but 2 leaves out would lower it.

just a big intersection clutch kick and it went good full countersteer and then lost power, snapped back and jumped a curb and brushed a tree.. i made sure there was no traffic before doing this btw so im a little responsible ha. the springs seem ok but i might just get hardbody or 720 springs that sit flat so it should be good.. but im in dire need of a cab :(

The bed on your truck is the same as the King Cab bed.

i know but the frame on my truck is a standard cab frame and i dont want to lengthen the frame. im planning on putting a king cab on it and shortening the bed so i can bring a little more weight towards the rear.