5.0 powered 521 Re-build...

Brock_Samson

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a straight line itll work just fine, you just have to build the boost like a turbo diesel to get a really good launch out of it... not what you want for road racing or autocross but i dont expect this tank to do that lol.

continuing on...

mounted right there actually pretty descent if anybody's interested im ditching them for something more streamline...
photobucket-7228-1328875185084.jpg

oh and anybody have any idea what these modules are??
photobucket-7779-1328875189026.jpg

Horn relay is the 3 wire, the other is headlight relay. Horn relay, one wire goes to the horn button/turn signal switch, the other goes to 12v, and the third goes to the horn. Horn button grounds out, flips the relay. My horn button thing had a horrible ground so I just hooked up a toggle switch for it that forced itself back into the original position instead of staying switch on, like a remote starter button.

Light relay, one goes to the your turn signal switch, another goes to the light switch, then two go to the headlights, one of those two also directs back to the gauge cluster for dash lgihts.

On the light relay, there is only headlight wiring, and a smaller wire that goes to the steering column. The dash lights run off the parking light circuit, so the parking lights come on without the headlights being on.

Here is a picture from a 521 service manual showing the details of cab mounts.

P1010733.jpg

I agree you cant, i will be tossing those wheels anyways...

Heres the motor action..

I need better light.. radiator is definately in the wrong place.. plan to go with electric fans or relocate the Rad to the bed, along with a rear mounted turbo (maybe)

2012-02-06_12-37-15_658.jpg

the decal says Edelbrock... so it must be legit lol

2012-02-06_12-36-54_119.jpg

Holley Carb though...

2012-02-06_12-35-24_169.jpg

2012-02-04_14-05-25_609.jpg

Not me in this vid, i had my Pops visiting, took him back a bit to when he had me rebuilding motors in the garage lol...

th_2012-02-04_13-11-13_963.jpg

Very big engine.What v 8 you put in 521?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Few updates.. I did get out to pick not pull and it was half off weekend.. So I got my front face I needed. And all my line tools came in and so did my wiring harness... Some im going to redo all brake lines, transfer cooler lines, and fuel lines... Few other things but I think I'm going to pull the chassis out and clean it up also.

IMG_20120906_133309.jpg

IMG_20120906_133405.jpg

IMG_20120906_133422.jpg

IMG_20120828_004945.jpg