Canby

Guest Rick-rat

Guest Rick-rat

I got a T-shirt and my plaque yesterday from last years event, I am also supposed to get a free entry for this year. I will not be going mostly for health reasons so Dave from Datsuns NW said that I could give it to some other deserving person that wants to be in the show.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Long thread, and that sucks but at least it got made right.

This is why we dont do trophys or plaques at blue lake. To expensive, and cause to many headaches. Its just easier printing out the awards, getting nice frames, and you have a nice one to put in your office at work, and if we screw something up we just re print it and send it to you for your frame. We tried the trophy thing at bluelake, we had a bunch left that we still hand out for best of show, i think we got 2 or 3 left?....maybe lol.

See you guys at canby and blue lake. They are getting close.

• 1 month later...
Guest Rick-rat

Thanks for deleting the main part of this topic,"who's not going" I appreciate your help. For those of you that think that this will be the "best weekend of your life", as in the huge topic, You have a lot to learn and expierience in life.You will have a lot more best weekends in the future you should be looking forward to. I will be going to Oregon that weekend but going further South and really have no urge to even stop in to say hello to anyone. I was there the previous 5 years and was not a life altering event. Have a good time

Well that's unfortunate. I don't see how this will help any. It's OK to complain or rant even, but not going is like holding your breath. It'll show up in it's time. Rethink not coming to Canby.

I'll be damned if a plaque would stop me from going to the Canby Datsun event. There's simply too many new people to meet, old friends and cars to see and parts to haggle over. It's great knowing that everyone within 200 meters knows exactly what a Datsun is. Good times to be had. All rolled up in a 5 speed road trip???

fuck-yeah-aww-yeah-l.png

Canby, who's not going??? Well I'm not, not going!!!

I don't think anyone will argue this isn't shitty, on the face of it I agree. Complain to Dave Bothwell and have your say here to get what's yours, but do you think people won't go because of it?

Absolutely. This is just wrong but easily fixed.

I think this is wrong also as it deprives us of you, Rick and your Datsun. Please reconsider your stand. If you want to make a point and ask some awkward questions, you can't do it from home.

I notice that last year they didn't hand out the little Canby plaques with the year on them. I got one in 2010.

Thanks for deleting the main part of this topic,"who's not going" I appreciate your help. For those of you that think that this will be the "best weekend of your life", as in the huge topic, You have a lot to learn and expierience in life.You will have a lot more best weekends in the future you should be looking forward to. I will be going to Oregon that weekend but going further South and really have no urge to even stop in to say hello to anyone. I was there the previous 5 years and was not a life altering event. Have a good time

I've been nothing but supportive Rick. If you can't make it that's unfortunate, but trying to bring others down for looking forward to this once a year event is.... well, I won't let it bother me. Maybe next year?

I haven't removed any posts.