Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the above horn button is a little large for my tastes, but a similar process Im down with. 

That's not really the horn button, just a ring around it. It's the same size as every other horn button.  ;)

I consider doing this at one point as well but had a hard time finding a bubble sticker other than the red ones you used in the proper diameter for a horn button.

Even the red one took a tiny bit of trimming. Those black ones like in the pic are on ebay all the time. Will probably also need 2-3mm trimmed off it (they seem to all be a standard size?). 

Giant shout out to Hooligan and his K-Muff boys. They did an awesome fixing Minty up with new exhaust. From the downpipe back shes now got fresh 2in pipe and a baby turbo muffler. 1000 times better than the rusted and smashed stock stuff. 

Minty on the rack and Hooligan hard at work there on the right:

9698293576_7133362628_c.jpg

Dirty Mike and the boys doing it up. Mike is a prior 510 owner himself...

9698293108_1f20773fab_c.jpg

• Like 3

I had thought about something similar, but havent come up with a viable solution yet. I dont want to just put a sticker over the top as its never going to look like its suppose to be that way. I was hoping there were some "kits" out there or something where there were blank horn buttons, you add your decal to it, then snap a clear domed cap over it so it looked it it was factory. I have found blank Nardi buttons, but nothing like adding a graphic to it. 

Domelabels.  Check them out online.  Not sure about one-offs though.  I order stuff through them.  Not easy to work with, but quality output.  

• Like 1

Yeah nothing screams performance like a autotrajic down shifting hard with fresh exhaust

Lol

Sometimes for the extra rev kick on the freeway, I like to throw it into low at 60mph. The car screams and lets everyone know Im ready to race. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Tiny update:

9905317616_8df7beac05_c.jpg

I also bought quite a few things to update the thread and hopefully get the ride more enjoyable. Ill update that once parts start arriving in the mail. Bought some items from a few places... spent too much money :sick: Probably will be the last few big purchases this year. Will do a bunch of clean-up over the Winter... with no garage, it might be hard, but Ill do my best to get her ready for Spring. 

• Like 3