Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

forgot to tell u frank  tristin hooked up a tan rear seat from carter ...so u can still use that as a excuse to not work on your 510......black or tan?  hmmmm oh well im gonna gab a beer

:rofl: Hahaha yeah. Hadnt gotten around to emailing Frank about the seat yet. I did source one, just have to go pick it up once Carter comes back from getting a tan.

Dont take 6k, dont ever sell. ive been offered 6.5 for purple before at a gas station, but means to much to me, all my dimes to ever sell unless there was a emergency. Their part of the family, and u and minty go along way to well. :)

• Like 1

Come on Jon, keep up with the lingo man.... :lol:

i got a beta shirt but i need to get a couple of each the 510 and 521 for hans and i...my beta shirt was car less but i sitll get asked abot it all the time ... when my wife saw it i had to explain what a blue bird was and explain to her ...that our daughter will drive a dirivitive of a blue bird sedan right hand drive 4 dr with coupe tails and a gl grill.... her friends are gonna love it ...

• Like 1

i got a beta shirt but i need to get a couple of each the 510 and 521 for hans and i...my beta shirt was car less but i sitll get asked abot it all the time ... when my wife saw it i had to explain what a blue bird was and explain to her ...that our daughter will drive a dirivitive of a blue bird sedan right hand drive 4 dr with coupe tails and a gl grill.... her friends are gonna love it ...

What the fuck did that say? :rofl:

What the fuck did that say? :rofl:

I had some shirts made before I actually released anything to the public where it was just the logo... it was in beta. Since Jon is always helping out, I gave him a shirt. Jon is an OG supporter. 

Dok8ZgLl.jpg

It took me a few times of Re reading it to understand. I don't know why. It must be me.

On other note. After the tailights are all done, what do you plan on doing next Tristin?

On other note. After the twilight are all done, what do you plan on doing next Tristin?

There are a bunch I small things to take care of, but the main focus will be getting my L20 installed. I need to find the time that both Tyler and I are availbe as well as the exhaust system funds to perform the engine swap.

Then I'm basically done. I'll just cruise the shit out of the car until I get the funds together for a bit of body work and finally paint. Once I'm at that stage, I have a few more projects I want to do.

It took me a few times of Re reading it to understand. I don't know why. It must be me.

On other note. After the tailights are all done, what do you plan on doing next Tristin?

Its not u jalen .....u gotta spend time with me to understand my shorthand a d d type posting style .....

• 2 weeks later...

I've been checking out the pictures you've been re-posting, I love the build.

What's your opinion on L series versus KA or SR swaps?  Are you a purist, or anything goes? 

Im pretty sure I have a lot more to update, but the pictures are slowly coming back. Glad you like the progress. 

Im not a purist by any means, but I do prefer Nissan branded parts. The more I get into the Datsun game the more Id like to keep the history alive. I dont ever see myself doing any American Muscle swaps and for as any people that do rotaries... I couldnt do that either. I have no issues with KA and SR swaps as you can get some great power more reliably (that is until you start going crazy with the build). You cant go wrong with 1.5-2x the power with EFI and readily accessible parts, but you see a lot of guys get ridiculous with $1000s spent going crazy on SR swaps. It just loses the appeal for me. Im in the Datsun game to drive my car every day and use it as it was meant to be. Not spend $100 a week on gas chirping tires showing all the Bros my chrome AN fittings.

A rebuilt KA or SR would be plenty for me so I knew I could count on the car being turn-key every day to get me where I needed.

At this point in time, Id like to keep Minty L-series. My current plan is swap in an L20 I have while I build an LZ23. That gives me some power while keeping the stock look and feel behind the car. Ive been going about this build with the ideal of OEM+ where its basically just a 1969 car with some nice period correct upgrades. No crazy gauges, no ellipsoids, no stereo systems, etc.

Maybe at one point down the line Ill do an upgraded, newer engine swap. But I do plan on owning more than one Datsun so maybe Ill reserve those cars for that. Then again, I do truly love this car and dont ever see myself getting rid of it. Maybe it would be worth it to do the updated block in Minty so that it continues to be the best in my stable. The other cars will come and go and the L-series powerplants will let that happen easier. Now that Im typing this, I couldnt say I would complain driving a subtly rebuilt SR.

Probably years down the road.  

• Like 2

I have driven and rode shotgun in ka powered dimes. Thy are cool; you can hop right in and turn the key and go, but to me a classic car shouldn't be like that. You should have to fumble with the choke and let it warm up. However with a ka or sr you have a lot more power, a lot of torque. But to me everyone has one. The classic look of a little l motor is just nice, the sound of my carb opened all the way on the freeway just sounds so amazing. I'm sure ill swap in something in there eventually. But I want it to have carbs even if that was a ka. A datsun to me is for cruising around! Not showing off or speeding on the freeway.