Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eating some chow while I wait for the dash cap to dry. Then its back to work and I should actually have the dash in the car to start install. 

More progress after Zelda and I finish this episode of Psych. 

Dash is in. 

Just buttoning up the last few things. Still have a bit of light so I can continue for a little longer. Wish there were lights in the mini garage we have. Oh well, finish in the morning I guess. 

^^ I have no lights either. I got your motor out and had to stop for the night. no lights in my garage either.  Its small as hell in there anyways... I have to use some flood lights to see anything. Even during the day!

I always carry a headlamp in my truck for those type of situations haha

I have a few flashlights and a headlamp I could use. Its pretty late though... I think Ill just get up early and finish it up before I roll down to A&W to meet up with everyone. My neigher has some sweet floodlights in his garage he uses to work on his Gixxer. I thought about buying some, but then realized Im moving in a couple weeks and wont have a garage anymore :( 

Anyway, work will commence in the morning. 

Dash is fully secured, heater is installed, and the cowl is back on. Just have to put the harness back in, hook up the gauges, and hook the heater assembly back up. Its kind of shitty outside and I expect rain so wiring harness will be important to control lights and wipers for the trip. Ill just wear a jacket if I cant get the heater fixed in time. 

Dash is in and it looks amazing. I still have to do some tweaking, but its a solid install so far... Very happy with the results.

So there arose two problems so far:

1. That radio bracket was cut out which means I can't run a stock radio as planned right now. Luckily with some Ratsun ingenuity I was able to cover the hole successfully in the mean time. Pictures later.

2. I couldn't figure out why my steering column wouldn't bolt back up to my dash frame as it should. I thought maybe I had something in the wrong place, but I couldn't see it. Said, "fuck it." Went to install the ignition and choke brackets and neither if them lined up with their holes and where they were us suppose to be in relation to the steering column. Turns out there are two versions of the front metal fascia that bolts to the front of the dash under the gauge cluster. There is one for column shift models and one for floor shift models. I have the floor shift model currently installed and the column shift linkage tube has no cutout to allow the steering column to bolt up... Fuck.

Sound like you may have to do alittle fab work to the dash to make it all work and get re-coated. Shitty deal, but I'm sure you'll get it figured out. Good luck

I wont mod any of the stock pieces. I have the appropriate one I took off to replace it with the refinished piece, so Ill just coat that one. I was already going to coat the other frame since it has the OEM radio bracket in tact. It wont be a big deal to swap out the fascia piece since the dash is already out. Oh well. 

Here is the completed dash install:

8666874346_27ef3eeb87_c.jpg

8666874588_445612108e_c.jpg

• Like 2

Looks awesome!  :thumbup:

Thanks, theres a little Ratsun ingenuity to get the radio delete plate installed since the radio bracket has been removed, but it works. Its nice to have it as I found its a convenient place to store my phone while driving. 

Now just to finish up the last few items for NissanFest tomorrow:

Lower deluxe badges

Fender mirrors

Center taillight garnish

Complete the grille installation

Half-shaft install