Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

Was the aircleaner the one he had up on the wall ?? That thing looked like a brand new one,,,, and yeah mirror. you would think i would have ran across that other one by now cuz i know i didn`t " put it away " so it should be laying right in plain sight.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm borrowing that one while he coated mine. I also currently have a matching Nissan 2.0L cover while he coated my finned one.

Well I finally got to see your workspace in person a bit ago so I'm not too surprised you didn't find it yet. Are you going to roll by the show tomorrow?

Are you going to roll by the show tomorrow?

I`m hoping to ,, but Cdub is switching his Zcar-go from auto to manual and we are gonna be in Yelm all morning.. It` lasts till 6:00 so we should be able to swing by and check out all those cool S12s that show up....

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I feel like this is an empty update so I apologize for that, but wanted you to know I'm still alive and kicking. Money is short lately so I've been focusing on cheap upgrades which means mostly engine bay cleanup and organization.

Lots of parts are getting powder coated, cleaned, moved, and hidden.

On a shittier note (shittier than no money?), my L16 seems to be on its last leg. I'm hoping to find a new L-series transplant for the car... I'm pretty sure I've got a good head so even a good L20 block would be nice. Anyway, those are the two things going on right now.

And so you get something for the visit to the thread, heres a shitty picture of the car while I'm at work:

7997700492_75aed4f448.jpg

Yeah that L20 should have been kept... Silky better appreciate it.

I was thinking no motor oics until its finished, but I could be swayed to post one.

Q-tip and I have been in discussion for something fun... We have a plan. But that's going to remain a secret for awhile until there's something more concrete.

you two are a couple of teases...... nobody likes a tease..... just sayin.

Haha well not only is it something that really isn't that's seen, but we don't want to be 'that guy' because we can't deliver (or at least give it our best shot) what we say we're going to do.

So anyway, until then it's under wraps so we can plan

Yeah that L20 should have been kept... Silky better appreciate it.

I was thinking no motor oics until its finished, but I could be swayed to post one.

Q-tip and I have been in discussion for something fun... We have a plan. But that's going to remain a secret for awhile until there's something more concrete.

Haha! I do appreciate it, but as you can see, it has taken some work. I'm super stoked to get it built and running. I think my car has been out of commission for longer than a month now...

I've got my old L18 block if you want it? It would be a drive to get it from the Portland area, and it it needs a rebuild. Let me know if you're interested. If you want to pay for parts, I would even be willing to do the same thing as on my L20B. Or you could go L19 like Jacob with flat top pistons?

damn silky...... u should get the PYT to help u build motors....and get the goon back up and running.... link your build thread i dont think i seen it...in project datto....update it and link me ....

PYT....pretty young thing....

I've got my old L18 block if you want it? It would be a drive to get it from the Portland area, and it it needs a rebuild. Let me know if you're interested. If you want to pay for parts, I would even be willing to do the same thing as on my L20B. Or you could go L19 like Jacob with flat top pistons?

I'll let you know if I have to make a trip down there, thank you. I might have a line on an L20 short block locally.

8001350099_b1463eee49_z.jpg

I wish it was the spacers... I still haven't gotten my hands on a set to measure them. No one seems to have a set handy that aren't currently installed. I was offered to purchase a set and pressure plate, but I didn't want to spend the $60 just to take some measurents. A little rich for my blood.

Here is another photo:

8001415693_2a0fa4f5e1_z.jpg

I'm checking the depth of the bore with another important metal piece I have.

I wish it was the spacers... I still haven't gotten my hands on a set to measure them. No one seems to have a set handy that aren't currently installed. I was offered to purchase a set and pressure plate, but I didn't want to spend the $60 just to take some measurents. A little rich for my blood.

Here is another photo:

8001415693_2a0fa4f5e1_z.jpg

I'm checking the depth of the bore with another important metal piece I have.

Nice work.