Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I will say its my build thread so...

But to make everyone else happy since that's the name of the game apparantly, I met up with Hobbes the Cat and acquired the appropriate bolts for my project so now that can proceed.

Oics as soon as that's completed.

I've also developed a bit of an internal rattle/scale somewhere in the engine. Still trying to narrow down an exact component that's causing it. Seems to be coming from the drivers-side middle somewhere.

Still trying to narrow down an exact component that's causing it. Seems to be coming from the drivers-side middle somewhere.

Ok well its not the fuel pump, alt, or starter.

Have you ever put a wrench to the manifold nuts?

The heat sheilds rust out around the mounting bolts andstart rattleing

Never touched the manifold. I have a smog exhaust manifold, but no smog equipment; seems a smog block was swapped in at some point. Anyway, Ive had no crazy sounds since Ive had it and litterally all of a sudden yesterday I get the noise. Its not trasmission related as it makes the sound in and out of gear.

Im still searching around for anything possibly loose that I can just tighten down.

Well I fixed the rattle scrape.

I was poking around while the car was idling and I narrowed it down to around the carb. I looked under the carb and noticed that a pipe for the emissions that once had a plastic cap, no longer does. I placed my thumb over it, the rattling stopped. I removed my thumb and it came back. I placed my thumb back on it, and pulled on the throttle a bit and got no rattle/scrape like I was.

Looks like I just blew the cap off while driving.

Now I dont know what exactly was rattling, but I at least fixed it.

Whew! Just went through this whole thing. Love the car, and killing me that I'm stuck in a lull with mine

Wow, 48pgs huh? Thanks for the compliment. Dont worry too much... I havent done anything major to the car yet either. Im in a bit of a funds shortage so almost all progress has stopped.

I see you made good work of the 4dr. base I gave you.

Yes, thanks for getting me that. Worked out that it was already orange. At least you can drive yours, mines got a blown motor. Was waiting on a guy with a running L16, but he always seems to be busy. Hoping this job I've been trying to get works out, then I might just skip past the L motor and get myself a VE for it instead.

I might just skip past the L motor and get myself a VE for it instead.

Yes, but with an L16 you could have it running in a day. B)

Says the guy who has a 1200 with an engine swap that he hasn't driven in over 4 years, and who has a 510 with an internally stock L16 that runs fine and refuses to die. ^_^

Well, Super Clean is the shit. I took the car to work last night to use their air compressor set up. I blew all the loose shot out of my engine bay in preparation for heavy cleaning. I'm taking it to a self-serve car wash but wanted to pre-clean it to loosen everything up.

I had bought some super clean on a recommendation and it's amazing! It cut through all the shit in my engine bay (dirt, grime, caked on old oil, anything) and left it really easy to removed with a simple wet rag.

I can't wait to use a brush and a little bit of pressurized water at the car wash. Pictures once the bay is clean.