Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

the vsld that i picked up looks like its a straight bolt in (the guy i got it from said it was an r180 vlsd with 3.70 gears, it is a vlsd but i thught they only made those in the r160). from what i undrestand its the r200 diffs that require all of the mods (stub shaft, half shafts, cv's ect.) to install in a dime, but dont quote me on that.

4.44 gears are pretty damn low, i would guess it would raise your highway cruising rpm by 200-600 rpm@ 60 mph. With my ka and 5speed i cruise 3200rmp @ 70 mph with what im pretty sure is the stock 3.90 rear diff

Edit: the vlsd does require stub shaft modification or replacement with a cv set up.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! Im having a lot of fun doing all this. Im sure once I get a few more hours on the machine Ill get even better... right now Ive been mostly making these things while Im waiting for my regular machine to finish its cycle so I can devote a whole lot of time to them. Im going to try and make some time to focus just on making a few items to see if I can get everything down pat. Luckily these are all pretty easy items so they have been coming out excellent.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, very nice condition. One lens did have a crack in it so I replaced both Nissan lenses with Mexican reproductions (they looked perfect and very well made). I dont regret selling them as I enjoy the GL set of lights I have now. The previous lights went to a good home though.

Man... I havent updated this in a long time. I havent had much money so not a whole lot of work has happened. I have just been driving the shit out of it. Went to Bluelake with a small radiator leak and rocking the bald spare. Car performed like a fucking superstar. With the trip down and back, I only lost two inches of coolant and didnt get a flat so Im happy.

Im going to be fixing the oil leak here soon and throwing a few small parts at the car. More updates over the next two weeks as I get ready for the Nissan and Mitsubishi meet on the 9th of September.

Ugh I dont have one :blush:

I was waiting to snag a complete install picture once I got my new steering wheel mounted up, but that hasnt happened yet so neither did a 'nubbin' picture. I can run out and grab a quick oic if youre interested.

Its from the lower inlet flange... Ive thought about soldering it up, but wasnt sure if normal solder would do the trick. At least Im pretty sure thats where its coming from... I did a bit of searching for it, but its not some giant leak so sometimes its a little hard to locate. Here within a couple weeks (before Sept. 9th) I will be pulling the motor out to fix the oil pan gasket leak so I will look at the radiator then.

Q-Tip and I fixed my leaky oil pan gasket... it was a bit of an experience, but it got done. We started a little late in the day since I had to work in the morning (and he went to the Northender meet). I was pretty sure I took more pictures but apparently my lack of sleep means I forgot how to use the camera.

7869050080_2e55b33764_z.jpg

Anyway, just so theres pictures in here...

We were suppose to pressure wash the engine after the pan gasket change so we had to pick it up from Q-Tips families house. Anyway, they breed badass Savannah Cats. Heres how ferocious they are:

7869051708_94ff91ce1d_z.jpg

7869051024_e8b05bbabe_z.jpg

The pan gasket was my biggest issue so far, so its glad to get it out of the way.