Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By all means if you can make cheap RCA's...

Let me look at some pictures and Ill see what my capabilities are up here. You would still have to buy materials at whatever their cost is, but Id be willing to cut you a good amount of slack on the labor.

Youre going to be at the carls jr meet right

Unfortunately no. This weekend is my Reservist weekend so Im busy both Saturday and Sunday. I was planning on coming down to Tacoma for a few parts since I might be getting a few extra dollars, but not sure now with the blown tire. I will have to see what that damage is before I decide to come down. Ill text you what I figure out.

Datsun mechanic. MetalMonkey got stripped of it when he couldnt figure out how points worked.

I wish I had a cooler title... everyone has badass ones but me. Id like some awsome like "Minty Fresh to Def" or something legit. I guess I dont hang out with the right people in person enough to garner getting a cool name.

Honestly every part I've ever made I designed and modeled with MasterCam. You can't cut parts with Solidworks..... The time you've spent with Solidworks you could be spending getting familiar with the MasterCam interface and applying that same knowledge to making parts.

Just my opinion ;)

Josh-

There are tons of CAM plug ins for solidworks. When I was at west tech, I don't remember one CAM software developer that didn't have a solidworks compatible CAM plug in. Doesn't masterCAM work with solidworks? Also, I have created plate a arms on solidworks and taken the file to the local laser cutter to have them burnt out and I have never had an issue. Solidworks is used heavily in industry and has tons of support.

I never said you couldn't use a cam plug in. Yes "MasterCam for Solidworks" is available but is not the same as full fledged MasterCam.

Do you want to be an engineer/designer or make parts?

Tell me how many shops are using Solidworks with plug in to program parts? Very little. Even better, try and find a job with "SolidworksCam" experience....

Just my opinion.

Hmmm I thought MasterCam was for "speeds and feeds." I wasn't aware you could model with it too. That's good info Josh, thanks!

Look through my build thread, everything is done in MasterCam. Yes it's not Solidworks but I bet you money I can model any part we need for our cars faster then Solidworks.

All we need is just simple extrusion, revolve and loft.

TMF uses MasterCam to make code. That's my point as you'll be learning two pieces of software, any changes your back out into Solidworks, update the model, save, import, redo your toolpath. It's just faster and easier in MasterCam.

You can model with mastercam or solidworks, when i took my classes they had us model in solidworks then import the solid model into Mastercam. It all depends what program you are more comfortable rendering the part with.

So apparently IPS Community decided I wasnt allowed to follow my own thread anymore... had to re-follow.

Anyway, thanks for all the info guys.

Question: Im looking for an engine bay picture from someone on here (Im about 90% is was on here) where someone has an oil cooler behind the passenger-side of the grille. I thought it was Dirt Tracks, but I cant find anything to support that. I was looking for the Engine Bay Pictures thread, but could find it to even browse through it.

What inTF is the heat getting to everyone? I know I'm hot an bitchy. Had to lock down some drama today already...

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/30002-trolling-and-teh-lolz-28/page__st__720

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/45114-sorry/page__st__40

Shows over, move along.

What inTF is the heat getting to everyone? I know I'm hot an bitchy. Had to lock down some drama today already....

I'm not sure if it's the heat, or if everyone just needs to get laid. Things do seem really testy lately though.