Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

It looks too weird without bolts IMO so Im just going to pick up some zinc plated allen heads probably. Rock the HD hardware.

Stainless allen button heads would be the shit. B)

bolt_kit.jpg

Get a box from www.mcmaster.com on the cheap, with maybe some nylock nuts so they don't come loose. :thumbup:

Chrome or zinc bolts are just eventually gonna rust...

For people that use wool: do you use water at all? Im just curious if it makes it easier or anything. I know people wet sand and people use wool, but curious if wet wool does anything. Ive always just used 1000 extra fine wool and went to town.

No water, it'll just ruin the steel wool for future used. Just 0000 steel wool and elbow grease. Then maybe wax/polish after.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

um no wallet no money, no clue what this means

I carry credit cards and ID by itself in my pocket. I dont ever carry cash so just the two cards are thin enough that it doesnt bother me when I put it in my pockets.

Stainless allen button heads would be the shit. B)

Get a box from www.mcmaster.com on the cheap, with maybe some nylock nuts so they don't come loose. :thumbup:

Chrome or zinc bolts are just eventually gonna rust...

Ive thought about McMaster. Ill check them out. I really just didnt want to wait on shipping honestly.

No water, it'll just ruin the steel wool for future used. Just 0000 steel wool and elbow grease. Then maybe wax/polish after.

Truth. I'll price compare and see where that leads me. I can almost hit The Depot with a rock from my house so we shall see. I'm going to try and polish this weekend, but if it takes me too long I can order them online and shipping time should be about when I'm done.

Fingers crossed for nice weather. Might even give the car a bath.

Well that's lame. I was thinking of swinging by there while I was down dropping your wheel off... Figured since I was in the area I could hit it up and look at prices. I'll have to google it and see if they're open tomorrow. Looks like today is going to be a nice day for rim polishing!

Yeah it sucks around here sometimes, the Tacoma branches are open. I went to 3 different stops last night looking for spot weld cutters because the one place I that I know for sure has them closes at 5pm, they are open today though so I'll pick them up on my way out. Didn't have time yesterday so I'm making the plates I need at work.

McMaster has quick shipping if they are too much at Lowes or Home Depot.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#socket-head-cap-screws/=hi5dwe

Not sure what size you need but a box of 10 5/16-18 x 1/2" is about $6

They have brass to if you decide you want a "gold" look after all.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#socket-head-cap-screws/=hi5fzf

Another package from overseas! I wonder whats in it...

7183136240_009903746c_c.jpg

7183176748_2463a18d45_c.jpg

:w00t:

Im done with the exterior for awhile with the exception of new mirrors. I hate the ones on there, so Im looking around for another set. Thinking something along the lines of the slimmer metal ones...

I like that it matches my taillights though it does need some refinishing. I was able to clean up some surface corrosion earlier today when I installed it, but it could use a fresh coat of paint. Im thinking of either doing it completely in the satin black like my tails, or satin on the headlight buckets and glass for the center grid. The GL taillights have a grey ring around them stock, but I painted over it... so I may do the same thing for the headlights.

Lol yes I will be picking up fender mirrors at some time, but I dont have the money right now for the real ones we discussed earlier. I dont want to buy the repro/fake ones so they will have to wait. That is... unless you want to donate a pair to a good cause B)

U haven't even finished the wheels ..... So u gonna sell old grill

I polished two of them, but its dark so Im doing the grille indoors where I have light. Yes, the Safari grille is up for sale.

Still need to continue with clean up, but here is where its at now:

7191677256_4249fa6199_c.jpg

I ran out of black paint for the middle of the top-center bar and Im debating whether or not to repaint the grey edging on it. My taillights do not have the grey edging so Ill either have to paint both or leave it off the grille. Opinions?