Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

I like the style of this car. It's like putting a car together with easily accessible parts. Except in Japan, where you can find the grill, wheels, and tail lights.

Those wheels look great! Did you do any photoshopping with different colors? And are there any pics of the wheels on a wagon ;)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No photoshopping of other colors... Im pretty dead set on either the OG drab green, or respraying this current color. Yeah, I wouldnt call this a budget build, but I would say this build could be easily obtained by anyone with a reasonable paycheck and some time to search for nice/unique parts.

No tires, but here are my wheels on JRocks wagon... it should atleast give you an idea:

5053cf5c.jpg

Hey have u counted out the hardware yet I think I have two of your bolts, found on my desk and there the shallow headed so it has to be yours.... What time u headed out to da show ..... I love the look on those rears ..... Ps lets do the aero this flat metallic bronze color I think that would be dope as a winter set up

if you want just the knuckles you can have them, if you want the whole strut assembly then we will talk price, but it wont be much

Ok, let me check the condition of my suspension and I will get back to you.

Hey have u counted out the hardware yet I think I have two of your bolts, found on my desk and there the shallow headed so it has to be yours.... What time u headed out to da show ..... I love the look on those rears ..... Ps lets do the aero this flat metallic bronze color I think that would be dope as a winter set up

No, I was going to check, but it seemed like a bunch of work. If the bolts you have, have SSR on the top of them then... then they are probably mine.

Today was a pretty good day. Went to a local car show with work and everyone loved the car. Had many people coming up asking me about it or telling me about how they used to have them. For awhile I was getting more attention than the 2JZ swapped 240 we brought. There was an RB swapped 260z there as well.

7172891862_99240b6d98_c.jpg

7172847902_e214604f15_c.jpg

7172872806_459f713530_c.jpg

i think i have the intake and cam covers for this car right now.....i was told it was for a swap that would be right up my alley....(they know i roll datsun...)((if thats really a u.p car...)) I only asked about u being around cause i was gonna roll up there in the minitruck.,...post up at your shiop with some real jdm minitruck shit...

Well any minitruck would be more than we have... My boss drives a stock S10, but thats it. Eventually Ill pick up a 620 to drive, but other than that we have no truck action here. Youre always welcome here. I need to text you too about some parts.

Man, buying replacement bolts for these things can get expensive. Im weighing my options between a gold or a chrome bolt. Gold to match the centers or chrome to match the lip. Opinions?

Wheel_bolt_M6x32mm_chrome_plated_t_p220575.jpg

Wheel_bolt_M6x32mm_gold_plated_t_p220576.jpg

My thing right now is that my rims arent that exact color gold and I have neo-chrome lugnuts... so gold might clash. Chrome will blend in easy which is nice. Maybe the make neo-chrome bolts for rims.

Get chrome ones. That way if you change the color of the center, swap em to a different car, ect, they will still look good.
2nd that. They would end up looking to busy even if the matched, takes away from the centers too much.

Good call. Chrome it is! Ill save gold for the next vehicle I pick up... I already have something in the works.

Got my tires switched around today after the show:

7174126162_8749df54ca_c.jpg

I plan on lowering the front a bit more to close up some of the gap. I would have done it today, but I was too busy working on the shop Supra and didnt get around to it. Ill probably do it tomorrow.

• Like 1

that pic looks lower already then when u sent it to my phone...looking dope.... get a 521 they look like a 510 ....i woulda liked black bolts.... the gold was sick , but i agree, to clashie !!!??!!!

and since datsun freak says there fine with out why not just go cheap route and thow some stainless or black anodized hardware in. your would have to bolt it together and and grind the nuts and bolts down for clearance on the inside, but since they're obviously not structual... u are unlimited in bolt style and finish....even u could get those rainbow finish bolts...might go with your hot topic wallet

That picture is the same one I sent you...

Yeah, I already thought about going the cheaper route since I wasnt picking up gold hardware. I figured its all for looks now, so its doesnt have to be legit rim bolts.

And no... I dont have a hot topic wallet; I dont even use a wallet.

My pants are usually too tight for a wallet...

It looks too weird without bolts IMO so Im just going to pick up some zinc plated allen heads probably. Rock the HD hardware. I hope its nice this weekend, as Ive been thinking about polishing my lips with the ol' steel wool method. For people that use wool: do you use water at all? Im just curious if it makes it easier or anything. I know people wet sand and people use wool, but curious if wet wool does anything. Ive always just used 1000 extra fine wool and went to town.