Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wont mod any of the stock pieces. I have the appropriate one I took off to replace it with the refinished piece, so Ill just coat that one. I was already going to coat the other frame since it has the OEM radio bracket in tact. It wont be a big deal to swap out the fascia piece since the dash is already out. Oh well. 

Here is the completed dash install:

8666874346_27ef3eeb87_c.jpg

Looks great.

Are the shifter and turn signal knobs custom or where did you score those?

Mine was threaded. Turn signal knob was press fit.

I don't suppose you made any extra shifter knobs you would be willing to part with? Mines cracked and very fragile right now.

Damn I love the dash of your 510. So clean. I have a 68 but the dash and the entire interior were gone. I found a 72 for parts and grabbed all of that, but its not the same.

Also is the carpet stock? It looks new. If you replaced it.... where did you find the Loop pile like that?

I don't suppose you made any extra shifter knobs you would be willing to part with? Mines cracked and very fragile right now.

Unfortunately, this is the only one. I do remember it being a standard thread... I would take your off, head to your neighborhood hardware store and check the thread. Then look for a manual shift knob of your liking and use that. Thats what my plans were before I made one. 

Damn I love the dash of your 510. So clean. I have a 68 but the dash and the entire interior were gone. I found a 72 for parts and grabbed all of that, but its not the same.

Also is the carpet stock? It looks new. If you replaced it.... where did you find the Loop pile like that?

Yeah, 68/69 dashes are where its at... I was lucky to find a second 69 dash so I could refinish one. I bought the carpet from a member named Shouldabeen. Great kit at a great price. Shoot him a PM and he should be able to help you out :thumbup:

Until I can get the right dash fascia installed for an auto, this is how I have to drive around:

8686963597_0e396d0de9_c.jpg

It keeps the ignition away from the brake. Luckily its not too terrible on the actual switch. I still dont like it so once I move I will make other arrangements for the ignition switch. 

right on. thanks for the 411.

Yep, good luck :)

Edit: Now that I think about it, I might have an extra black OEM knob floating around. I just moved all my parts into storage these last couple days, but I will be going there tomorrow. Ill check if youre interested. 

Yep, good luck :)

Edit: Now that I think about it, I might have an extra black OEM knob floating around. I just moved all my parts into storage these last couple days, but I will be going there tomorrow. Ill check if youre interested.

yea i would. I'm scared mine is gonna break at any moment. has a pretty serious crack on it.