Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

yes yes... I'm glad you see it my way, lol.

Seriously though I do think it will look much better with the brushed sills. Top them off with some hex cap pan head screws, nice and low profile, it will look sweet!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you're right... Brushed will be perfect the more I think about it. I'm going to see what I can scrounge up at work for bolts. We have like every kind made so I'm sure I can find something perfect; clean and low profile.

i wonder who trolled ratsun before tristan, jrock, dat510 and i? I love you guys haha. you made this site more enjoyable

Lol. They all got the threat of the Ban Hammer. There was a big group of them from around Canby 2011 time. No thread was safe. Its kinda odd as since they were told to disband, many of them have dropped off from posting nearly as much.

You are not the first.

Is this car rockin an auto?

Yes, I like to call it the "Auto Magic" transmission.

i wonder who trolled ratsun before tristan, jrock, dat510 and i? I love you guys haha. you made this site more enjoyable

Lol there have been some pretty serious trolls on the forum before. JRock and I aren't even close to as bad as some of the older ones. Forum trolls will never die. Inevitably, someone always feeds the trolls so they will never disappear.

Just went through our stash of screws and there's nothing that threads in. I can either drill out the wholes larger or run to Home Depot and get taper ended screws instead of the bolt ended. I think I'm just going to get new screws. Easier.

I'll look again, but I didn't see any of those in the shop. I was getting 8-32 close to threading, but since it wasn't tapered I couldn't thread it properly. Like I said, probably easier to just get new screws at HD. I'll look at the 6s and see...

Haha thanks. I wish I was only gone because I was hiding because of a bad deal... I was so swamped at work and in my personal life that unfortunately Ratsun had to take a back burner. Im back now though as life has steadied out a bit.

I just wish I had more funds to get some work done. Until I get paid, I have $29 to my name :hmm:

until i get a job i have -$59 in my name. i cant even my pay my phone bill. once i get my job (2 weeks) ill probably start a new build thread and my z will be getting some work done finally. and troll my old one.

So while I was waiting for the weatherstripping adhesive to dry, so I took the liberty of tearing apart my rear seat to look at the bottom of my gas tank. Once I removed the mdf board, I found this:

7522382268_2cc47d9265_z.jpg

It's a little vintage tin of glass fuses.

Whats the threading on manual shift knobs? The knob for my column shifter is broken and I was thinking about replacing it with something a little different. Not sure what, but need to know the threading to see if I can use manual shift knobs. My column is M8x1.25

Um why are you gluing the top portion of the weatherstripping? That gets pushed into a channel, providing you are using stuff meant for a 510.

I only glued south of the window frames.

Goon fan eeeerrr Isaac my style is impeccable..... U over thought the wrinkle thing it's just a way to clean somethig up that's beat to shit.....and fer the record I have never told ole tight pants shit about what he should do..... Tristin is staying true and making that teal beater a extension of his dry personality ..... And for once I agree with ole tight pants..... Wrinkle or. Not that car is still

Miles form where u started and lookin good....I still

Can't believe u fucking told ratsun u wear girl

Pants.... As if being a hmmmmm isn't enough now u just toss a softy at us to hit outta the park

Them semi shitty door seals from dataun SoCal have to be glued along the too they do not stay in the track..... One of those things that doesn't translate in repopping them..... Nice vintage fuses .....'wonder if there Jdm

Thanks for the edit tip that's almost easier on my phone then a comp.....

The blue two door we had to glue them all the way around they didnt seat the door opening worth a shit and when u opened and closed them it would pull what wasn't already hanging out the rest of the way out

And for the record Datsun so cals light rubbers suck as bad as there windshield gasket..... Everyone was junk tails and side markers they all rip and fit like they used a smaller light..... Even tried soaking in mildly hot water and stretching them on.... Was better but they still were colossal pieces of shit

Link me that info in a pm.... The SoCal stuff is nice just a little fatter all around..... The coupe doors shut super nice but it takes a bit of a stiff arm to get it latched.... It's gotten better in the the last month since being in but still pops the door when u open it....started with the top in glued like u laecon but it wouldn't seat rigt and was hard to remain consistent and since the rest ofthe seal is glued said fuck it looks great but like I said I hope they compress anlittle so the door is smoother to close

I figured I was gluing everything else, might as well the top as well. Mine sits in that channel as well. I am using SoCal seals and the fit perfect... There was no need to glue the tops, but due to my inexperience didn't know I wasnt suppose to glue the top. I glued them and then used a small putty knife to pop them into the track. Seal fits perfect and isn't fat when I close the door. I'm very happy with the results. And for the record SoCal gets his shit for Taiwan as well... So it's hit or miss on what you get I guess. Plus I've never had a bad dealing with him. That forum shit was before my time so I tried the place out; happy with every transaction.

Goon fan eeeerrr Isaac my style is impeccable..... U over thought the wrinkle thing it's just a way to clean somethig up that's beat to shit.....and fer the record I have never told ole tight pants shit about what he should do.....

Oh you took that the wrong way. I was just making fun of your post after post thing you do. No biiggie.

Then I was making fun of myself, telling somebody else what to do on their car just because it's I what like.

In this case you're right Goon... They look good installed as is. I'll be keeping them brushed and just coating engine bay pieces.

Well, I just peeled the tape off the drivers seal and I'm so happy with the results. I can't wait to drive the car to check how well it actually works. There's a couple spots I want to add some more adhesive, but it's legit.