Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha thanks for the tip... Im not on the submarine anymore, so body odor isn't an issue.

Well, if things couldn't get worse this month, my wallet has been stollen. It's partially my fault. I went running early this morning and since my shorts do not have pockets, I had to leave my wallet in the car. They pried my sunroof open and took my wallet, the jacket it was hiding in, and a laptop bag with non-important papers. It could have been worse I guess... Hey could have broken a window, my laptop could have been in that bag, or i didn't just happen to have new credit cards already on hand (they expired in June so I just activated the new ones and cancelled the old).

It took me a bit to fix the sunroof with the extra hardware set I had, but now I have no ID and I lost $37. This is not my month.

god damn, good luck buddy.

:crying:

So I had what I thought was a pretty goof interview today with a machinist shop. I want to thank Josh K. for the recommendation... After a bit of talking, we said he would look over my paperwork and would give me a call. Said he might be able to get me in on Monday (fingers crossed, because that would be cutting it close for paying bills. I have a few other leads on making some cash so Im hoping that will pan out.

Thanks!

Im a pretty big SSR fan, and once Im no longer poor I will start collecting a few more sets. SSRs are the original JDM wheels so they make any car look boss. You should pick up a set.

7299745972_0d19a4852c_c.jpg

You could alwasy transfer to the Merchant Marine. NOAA is a good start and your veteran status gives you hiring preference.

http://www.moc.noaa.gov/shipjobs/

Thanks but no thanks. I got out of the service so I didnt have to go to sea any longer. No disrespect meant to any Merchant Marines on this forum, but if Im going to sea then Im going to do it in a real branch and just reenlist back into the Navy. Im a submariner through and through.

Sucks about your job situation.

Have you considered any local parts retail stores in the area? They're usually pretty easy to get into if you have any auto knowledge.

I did actually. I havent tried NAPA yet, but Ive been to Oreilys and Vatozone and when I walked in to talk them... they were complete tools, so I just walked straight back out.

I did actually. I havent tried NAPA yet, but Ive been to Oreilys and Vatozone and when I walked in to talk them... they were complete tools, so I just walked straight back out.

No surprise there. Large corporate parts houses suck. Autozone was great until they made it big. They've made some positive pushes with their parts lately, but the biggest issue is that they hire moronic employees. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone that wasn't absolutely desperate.

Good luck with Napa! They're a pretty good company to work for I hear.

Edited by metalmonkey47

Yeah I figured as much when I went in there, but to be honest... I am that desperate. I just had another interview so I didnt get to NAPA yet.

Well dude, have you put in the online app yet? If so, ask what store in the district is their hub store and check with them about available positions. HUB is like our local routing store that ships parts via van to all the local stores up to an hour away. Lots of hours and positions to be filed. Almost always hiring to replace lazy asses that can't keep up.

If you haven't put in an app, I can give you my info and you can list me as a reference, since I've had 2 years in the zone.

Awesome. Ill look into a hub job and will let you know if I need a reference.

Well a small small small silver lining to missing Canby because Im poor as fuck, is that I can go to the Old School Reunion. Ive been waiting since last year to go, but it just happened to be the same weekend as Canby.

No disrespect meant to any Merchant Marines on this forum, but if Im going to sea then Im going to do it in a real branch and just reenlist back into the Navy. Im a submariner through and through.

What do you mean "real branch"? The Merchant Marine isn't a branch of the military. A lot of unlicensed guys clear $100,000/yr working only six months on a 6 weeks on 6 weeks off schedule. A Captain in the Navy dosent make that much.

Thanks but no thanks. I got out of the service so I didnt have to go to sea any longer. No disrespect meant to any Merchant Marines on this forum, but if Im going to sea then Im going to do it in a real branch and just reenlist back into the Navy. Im a submariner through and through.

I was in the Navy as a CSAR in a HCS squadron for 10 years and I have a total of 66 days at sea. I was mostly on Frigates for two days here and there. I was on the Nimitz for off and on 14 days. Quite a few amphibious ships. We did 90% SEAL team insertions and extractions and at least half of those were hot. We worked with the Force Recon a few times as well.

• Like 1

What do you mean "real branch"? The Merchant Marine isn't a branch of the military. A lot of unlicensed guys clear $100,000/yr working only six months on a 6 weeks on 6 weeks off schedule. A Captain in the Navy dosent make that much.

Yes, merchant marines are not a branch of any service; that's my point. They do support the military quite a bit bringing supplies back and forth. They still go to sea and I'm not doing that anymore. I don't care what they make... It's not for me. If I'm going to sea, in going to do it as a submariner.

I was in the Navy as a CSAR in a HCS squadron for 10 years and I have a total of 66 days at sea. I was mostly on Frigates for two days here and there. I was on the Nimitz for off and on 14 days. Quite a few amphibious ships. We did 90% SEAL team insertions and extractions and at least half of those were hot. We worked with the Force Recon a few times as well.

I've thought about CSAR, but there's little of that in subs. Ive never been to sea for less than 66 days haha. All our boat did was SEAL missions. Glad to have another sailor on board Ratsun.

If your gonna do a parts store the only ones that are any good around here another Westbay stores, NAPA now. I wanna say that the hub for them is in Auburn. The "number one" branch is in Port Orchard, Navy Yard city is the paint and machine shop, they have bankers hours.

I'm sure you'll get some good news today, based off what your interview was like at TMF.

If your gonna do a parts store the only ones that are any good around here another Westbay stores, NAPA now. I wanna say that the hub for them is in Auburn. The "number one" branch is in Port Orchard, Navy Yard city is the paint and machine shop, they have bankers hours.

I'm sure you'll get some good news today, based off what your interview was like at TMF.

Well, looks like I just have to hold on for a little longer. I got the job working for TMF and I start Monday... Canby might still be an option, but I will have to see. I might have to drive down late Friday or even Saturday morning. I dont know when my first paycheck will be though.