L20B .020 over Pistons and Rings online

haubstr

I did a search on hear for a place online to buy some pistons and rings but didn't find anything. I know I saw it on hear. I don't want them to be way expensive. They will just be in a daily driver.

Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am having the same problem. my .020 over bored L20B shit it rings about 2 weeks ago. i was thinking about reboreing and going .030 or .040 but i cant seem to find pistons anywere. i did however find some L18 .030 oversize but i think that will give way too much compression with the A87 closed chambered head that i have been running. anyone have any suggestions on what to do or were to maybe get some oversize pistons for an L20B?

I would find a reputable machine shop in your area.

They should be able to source these parts for you.

AutoSport in Seattle did my machine work and found me Japanese components to go into my Japanese motor ;)

try rockauto.com has L18 pistons for a 73 610 try later model 710s also

or Silvolite website

Mr-Auto-parts.com for rings

Where do you get L18 Flat top piston that are Jap made?

Most only carries dish pistons.

I don't think Nissan no longer has it.

L18 is a 4cc dishedpiston but higher comp in a L20 since a L20 and L18 is the same 85mm bore size.

a L20 is 11.36 cc dished

L18 flattop are NLA even if you have a part # from nissan .

one way is to buy a 280zx NON turbo 79-81 I think are the years and it will be a 86mm or a 1mm overbore in a standard L18/20

I havenetseen somebody really selling these lately in the aftermarket world so only source might be nissan and that could be 45$ a piston.

Rock auto might onely want 100-120 for a complete set of L18 pistons so is it worth the added cost.IF still avail??????

also running ia L18 piston in a closed chamber head on a L20 might have detonation issues and need to run good gas. also if running a open chamber L20 head with L18 pistons the pinging could be worse.

This will be at your own risk.

Maybe in Canada with 94 octane on a cool day?????????

maybe datsunmike knows more on this I say be conservative. Spend the money on portingHead,cam, sidedrafts

Baz at Datsport can get you some if you want.