First Car?

Guest kamakazi620

mine was a 1964 belair 4-door. paid $400 of my own hard earned cash when i was 16. mobbed that bitch everywhere. looked liked this one. not as clean but same one.

DSC06327.jpg

I've owned 2 of those More doors,Cut them both up to restore my 2dr hardtop impala

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my 1st car i bought was my '72 vega gt. paid $50 dollars for it from a buddy of mine cuz he was moving back to oregon back in the 80's. it was dark green and kept on popping off oil cap while trying to get it running. traded it to a coworker for 2 ford couriers til i blew up motor in the 1 that was running. then got my first 521 and juiced it up.

I've owned 2 of those More doors,Cut them both up to restore my 2dr hardtop impala

nice. Driving it was like riding on clouds. Got pics of your 2dr? Is it an SS? Impalad are my 2nd live next to datsuns.

A 4 year old '64 Dodge slant six from my dad.

First car I bought myself was a new '70 Dart Swinger 340 4 speed.

First Datsun was a '68 4 dr. in '76

It is scary how parallel Mike's life and mine were. You can tell his pop was a Chrysler man. Mine was all Ford. My 1st car was a 65 Ford falcon from the Power Company, his job. My next car was a 70 Mustang fastback with a 351. Mike's 340 Dart would have smoked my Mustang without breathing hard. Three moving violations in 38 years of driving. My father taught me early on, take it to the track.

My first car was this 1970 chevelle

I was 14 and I sold my go-kart and bought it from my uncle for $500 it was rusty, gutted and in primer but i wanted it bad i had it for 3 years then

for some reason i sold it to my older brother he restored it and has it still he has a lq9 6.0L and a 6 speed trans in it now

clean007.jpg

My first car when i was 14 was a 69 510 2 dr . Had chrome wheels w/ baby moon hub caps and 2 in long off - white fur on the door panels and head liner . Liveing on a farm , i had access to sheep shears and gave the interior a hair cut . Positively loved that car .... thought i was Mario Andretti

My first car ever was a datsun 210 that used to be my dads. I got it when I was 9 instead of a gokart. Kicked major ass to slide around in the 5 acres of yard my parents had. Then I wound up with my first official car which was my b210. I had been given a bad ass camaro from my uncle but the parents refused to let me ever drive it. Had been on it's side in a ditch but it took it well. One door was a bondo pit but the engine was completely built back in the 70s. They decided I didn't need a drag car so after selling it for a measly 1000 bucks I ended up buying my b210 for 2000. And I beat the doors off the poor thing. Fried tires like chicken. Came to my senses and made it nice. Then it went through half a transmission swap and now it sits 2000 miles away. I don't really want to sell it and keep telling myself someday I will come back for it but before it rots away I hope someone jumps on it.

My brother gave me his non running early 80's sentra when I was 14. Never was sure what was wrong with it but I remember towing it with a rope down the road to my house and being so stoked to steer it. That's the only time it ever moved in my possesion. Knowing what I know now it was probably a starter issue.

First driving car though was an 85 buick hearse that my mother got me as a graduation present (I graduated when I was 16). I'm a metal head and am a musician so it was great for hauling gear around. She drove around the back of the restaurant we own and honked at me. This is a pic of me sitting in the drivers seat that day, with one of our waitresses putting the funeral flag on.

imagejpeg_2_2.jpg

And my mom taking my sister trick or treating in it

imagejpeg_2.jpg