what are you guys running for headers

mswit209

so what are you guys running for headers on your swap. im trying to figure out whether i should have some fabricated or modify some. just wondering what you guys have so i can get some ideas. i found some cheapy shorty headers on ebay that i was thinking about getting to modify but i need some ideas. pics would be great.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

L16/18 stock cast iron manifold. Only thing that comes close to beating it is that the header is lighter. The cast manifold always fits, never wears out, quieter, runs cooler under hood temps, never comes loose, never leaks does not cost $150 and 4-6 hours to change..

hearervsstockL16-18-1.jpg

standardand4intotwoexhaust003.jpg

standardand4intotwoexhaust002.jpg

A lot of thought and engineering went into the four into two into one design.

I also went with the Ebay 4-1 shorty header... I recently switched to the OBX 4-2-1 longtube header and gained a ridiculous amount of power all around. The 4-1 shorty header is unequal length and just makes these KAs run extremely flat. mellow.gif I think a stock manifold may even be better....

The 4-2-1 obviously wasn't a direct bolt on.. it was hitting the gearbox and the floor. But a couple cuts, and some grinding and welding, maybe some BFH use, and it fits pretty well.

I don't think I have any pictures... huh.gif Should probably get some later lol

i run the same obx 4-2-1 definitely needed some moving to fit right. i would do mine different if i could, mine is bent slightly then dimpled. if i had another i would heat the lower 2 tubes (about 2 inches from where it goes into one) bend the collector flange toward the engine and the ground. need to bend it in about 1" and down about the same.

• 2 weeks later...

I also went with the Ebay 4-1 shorty header... I recently switched to the OBX 4-2-1 longtube header and gained a ridiculous amount of power all around. The 4-1 shorty header is unequal length and just makes these KAs run extremely flat. mellow.gif I think a stock manifold may even be better....

The 4-2-1 obviously wasn't a direct bolt on.. it was hitting the gearbox and the floor. But a couple cuts, and some grinding and welding, maybe some BFH use, and it fits pretty well.

I don't think I have any pictures... huh.gif Should probably get some later lol

That's good info. I might have to make the switch.

We run the cheap ebay shortys on ours, and they work great.

All you have to do is fill in the O2 holes and re-clock the collector flange and it fits great.

P1120463Small.jpg

The 02 bung position on that header couldn't possibly be in a worse place.Really a poorly thought out design. :(