Poppy the 620 lb build.

nissan29

I'm new to Ratsun and though i would start would start a build tread for my boy's truck. My Grandfather and I bought a truck for my boys. We found a 1975 620 truck on C L in the Bay area for $ 870.00 with no motor and missing a few part & a foot size hole in passenger floor board but over all a nice truck. My master plan is to install a KA24de or KA24e motor with a 5spd and up grade the front brakes to disc. I have seen there are two guyson this site that sale motor mount kits and brake kits for 620s. We struck out at two yards today looking for 620 parts but we did get a intank fuel pump with ring and cup to install in the 620 tank. We spent $ 23 on parts and that was after 1/2 off coupon. I'll take all the help I can get it'sbeen a long time since I worked on a 620.

Rented a trailer at the last minunte to get it home.

IMG_2567.jpg

At Grandpa's and the little ones having fun in there brothers new truck.

IMAG0374.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well today was a good day the boys and I went up to Napa to pickup a motor for Poppy. We got a 95 KA24DE motor that needs a head gasket for $ 160.00. I went to where I store the truck and a lot of my old parts and pieces from the good old days. and came up with a ECU, wiring harness, alt, starter, lower half of the intake manifold, fuel rail with injectors.I also found to NAP Z 5spds that are the same lenght as the stock 4 spd. We still need a crank angle senser, flywheel, MAF.

But here are some pic's

IMG_2571.jpg

The 4 spd is in the middle.

IMG_2569.jpg
Here are a couple of pic's of the hole in the floor.

IMG_2572.jpg

In my option the external pumps are to noisy. But thanks for your input keep it coming.

My inline is smooth and quite. Not to say the last one wasn't. There are a few pumps out there that work for in-line applications for the smaller engine size. After the my current pump shits it's self, the next one will be in the tank or some kick ass fuel pressure system with pressure tanks and valves and hoses and shit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here are a few pic"s and a up date on the Poppy build.

I started to work on the fuel tank a 240sx in take pump fits perfect and the cup at the bottom is from a Q45 I still need to weld it in and plug some old holes.

IMAG0419.jpgIMAG0416.jpg

• 1 year later...

Were getting back on the 620 build, we brought the truck home today. We purchased KA-24de motor mount from a member of Ratsun, they look great. We also welded up the fuel tank up.

Here's my question I'm looking to install Z32 front and maybe rear brakes on my son's 75 king pin truck what are you options? I have the calipers in hand

Well we had a good day on our project. We fixed one hood hing and almost finshed fixing the hole in the floor. The Metal on the floor is very thin we stil have to detail the welds on the floor. We went a little wild on the welds on the hood hing used both the mig & tig but my son is learning a ton.

Hoodhing8.jpg

Hoodhing6.jpgIMG_2573.jpg?t=1373165768poppyfloor.jpg

Well the boy and I had another great day both working and getting parts for his 620. We headed off to the pick n pull today grab KA24de  cam shims per my Dad two of the vavles wouldn't come into spec's with the the shims that came with the motor. That has been our stalling point up to this weekend. I'm hoping they we fix the problem because the alternative is to replace the vavle seats... Let get back to our good day we got a radiator that looks like it might fit. My son was excited about having keys made for his truck so we stoped by the Nissan dealership my Dad retired from. They had a set of Nismo wheels for sale so we pick them up. We placed an order for a set of Z 32 brake caliper mounts, My buddy gave my son a set of power coated calipers that just need to be put back together. 

We just might have more money in the wheels than we paid for the truck......

I think they might have a set in silver for sale let me know...  around $ 800.00 for the set.

20130708_180954.jpg20130708_182511.jpg20130708_183244.jpg

I caught him off guard

20130708_191118.jpg

• Like 1