Poppy the 620 lb build.

nissan29

So my good friend Spriso set my son an early birthday present for this truck they are freshly power coated Z 32 front calipers they need some parts and some assembly required. Now we just need to send payment for the caliper bracket. I hope they fit under the wheels???

20130713_113259.jpg?t=1373742934

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We would like to repaint the engine compartment in the same factory orange color, what would be the best way of going about it. I'm not the best when it comes to paint and primer's. So if any one can give me tips on going about redoing the engine and the in side of the cab I would appreciate it.

I started the engine compartment Sunday and I ran into an issue with the rust inhibitor that i got at Napa auto parts. I used paint striper then sanded it all down to bare metal on 1/3 of the engine compartment. The inhibitor was applied with a foam brush that bubbled and dried that way. So i'm resanding it all down again. I also did the same to outer wheel wells but that didn't matter there because I used bedliner to seal and coat there.   

I have a question has anyone moved the battary to another location? I have untreated rust under the battary mount, I would like to remove and relocate or remove and clean and put it back. Any thoughts?????

20130715_181119.jpg20130715_201328.jpg

I plan on putting my battery somewhere else as my mount was rusted out. I have a KC so I am thinking of putting it behind one of the seats in a battery box, but that may take a bit of room I dont want to give up. Are you thinking of relocating it to somewhere else in the bay or the bed?

I plan on putting my battery somewhere else as my mount was rusted out. I have a KC so I am thinking of putting it behind one of the seats in a battery box, but that may take a bit of room I dont want to give up. Are you thinking of relocating it to somewhere else in the bay or the bed?

On my KC build I'm going to build a drop box for battery and install it in the bed on driver side outside frame rail. Lots of room there. I'm moving mine cause I'm tubbing engine bay.

I like the bed idea and I needed to address the rust it wasn't to bad but it was heading that way. My spot weld drill bit did a great job removing the battary tray. I'm thinking about installing a 240sx brake booster and a z32 15/16 master to handle the z32 front brakes. Has anyone completed this mod? 

20130718_204406.jpg

Before

20130718_204416.jpg

After

I got a little work done on the truck today, I thought I would try to build the mount for the the brake booster / master cylinder. My MIG welder started acting up so I'll TIG it in the morning.

20130720_182121.jpg

20130720_182111.jpg

Just thuoght i would share, once I finsh welding it I'll start making brake lines.