720 camber issues I need help asap

frey1691

Ok guys im having camber issues with my slammed 720 my upper control arms aren't long enough or my lowers aren't short enough I have about 4 inch of drop and I'm wondering if there are any different sized control arms I can swap in or mod to fit I need these answers fast I'm shoe on money and can see the radial on my tires :(

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys im having camber issues with my slammed 720 my upper control arms aren't long enough or my lowers aren't short enough I have about 4 inch of drop and I'm wondering if there are any different sized control arms I can swap in or mod to fit I need these answers fast I'm shoe on money and can see the radial on my tires :(

You can remove the factory shims on the uppers. This will allow them to move outward slightly. The thing is that this is way way beyond what they were intended to do. Have you looked a getting D21 drop spindles?

I have a set of belltech 3in spindles, id hate to get rid of em but id consider it, make me an offer, the only thing i dont have is the spacers to run the 720 hubs on em, but a few washers work, it just spaces the caliper out a tad, i also have new Beck lower ball joints, id have ta cut em out of my old bag control arms, but id toss them in for just a tad more

Nope, no bearing spacers, the spacers go in between the caliper and the spindle, it spacers the caliper out just a tad, the 720 hubs sit a lil further out than the D21 hardbody ones, they are hardbody spindles, but work on a 720, they even come with the spacers when you buy them new, i ran a five lug swap with milled out yota hubs, so i tossed em a year or so ago, but still got tha spindles

Ok well if you can give me some time to save up or make a little money sellin parts or if you need something too I will probably get those off your hands will you take 160?(sorry if its a low ball I haven't had much of a chance to price out new ones) but what are the advantages of the ball joints or are they just stock and I know all that will fit an 83+ but I've got an 82 is it still the same and also lol I might get those bag arms off ya cause I might go that route I'm just not sure yet

I have a set of belltech 3in spindles, id hate to get rid of em but id consider it, make me an offer, the only thing i dont have is the spacers to run the 720 hubs on em, but a few washers work, it just spaces the caliper out a tad, i also have new Beck lower ball joints, id have ta cut em out of my old bag control arms, but id toss them in for just a tad more

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Belltech drop spindles for the 720/D21 are 2", not 3".

I believe the ones i have left are the OLD skool 3s, i had to sets, a pair of 2s and a pair of 3s, I just dont remember which ones yet, id have to go measure em, they are still on the front clip i cut out of my truck, Im lookin pretty fair on the $160, just have to get em weighed n check shippin costs, what kinda trades you got?

Well it just so happens that I picked up a complete 85 720 4x4 which has made me more mad than happy but it has a bunch of good parts that just don't seem to want to fit my 82 :( but it's a possible mud toy if I get the money. But if there is something ya need just let me know and I'll see if I got it

haha thanks guys the alignment stuff sounds like it would make sense i just thought toe would feather the tires not wear them that far out but then again ive only been able to change my breaks for 3 years so im tryin to learn as much as i can as fast as possible so i appreciate all the help and dailydato im still interested in them spindles you got just let me know shipping cost and ill let you know as soon as ive got the cash