anyone here know much about the honda ruckus

I'm considering dumping having so many projects and just sticking with the datsun and getting a ruckus for general back and forth to work riding. I was considering a vintage vespa, but figure long as I dont really do much to the engine I'd never have to work on the ruckus besides general maintenance.

So yeah, anyone here know anything about them. I've been poking around on the internet but figured if someone here had some first hand knowledge it would be better then random sites.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh for info on the ruckus check out www.planetminis.com

the ruckus is highly customizable, they are great scooters

http://planetminis.c...-scooter-forum/

agreed

my lil bro has one, and hes costomized the hell out of it. He bought a larger cylinder/piston, a stroker kit, a larger carb, and a body pack. He loves it, he said he can keep up with cars on the highway if they are doing 55.

If you want cheap 90+ mpg transpo, buy one and do as little to it as possible performance wise. Maybe a jet kit or bigger carb to get a few more MPH, but I know guys that have more into their Ruckus than I have in my 620 by a lot. And they still only go 52 MPH. And they sound like shit. And it's still just a Ruckus. I have less in my YZF600 and I get 50 MPG, and can go 150 MPH if I want. Not that I do.

If you want cheap 90+ mpg transpo, buy one and do as little to it as possible performance wise. Maybe a jet kit or bigger carb to get a few more MPH, but I know guys that have more into their Ruckus than I have in my 620 by a lot. And they still only go 52 MPH. And they sound like shit. And it's still just a Ruckus. I have less in my YZF600 and I get 50 MPG, and can go 150 MPH if I want. Not that I do.

pretty much this was the plan, not really wanting to tweak it or anything. Though the Gy6 swap does seem like a good idea, I seem to have a habit though of starting money pits and really just want something reliable and untouched. :P

• 3 weeks later...

I have a clone ruckus now made by roketa it seems to be as Chinese as shitty Chinese things get but if you want it for the looks and plan to gy6 anyways get the knock off. It already has dual rear suspension seats 2 way easier has hydraulic disk breaks and gy6 bolts up already has bigger wheels etc. If you want it for reliability get a ct90 or ct110 way more epic and is from the cub series engine family Aka the greatest engine ever in my book. Snorkel air intake highlow trans and they go anywhere you point them plus they can hit 55 mph factory rear gears and can change sprockets with the older years to hit 70 or so. Excellent bikes.

Booger I can't agree more a CT70 rocks.

<<<look at my vehicle list

But a Ruckus is very reliable

I need pictures of the little 50 hyper.gifI agree with you on the Ruckus. I almost bought one myself after I restored my CT70. Reliable, 900 MPG laugh.gif, the only scooter a "man" can pull off riding and finally....

hondaruckusgokubuto.jpg

They have a bad ass conversion kit for them cool.gif

I was pretty big into Ruckus' for awhile. Ive been thinking of getting another one. They are great bikes and yes... they make quite a few parts for them if you want to customize them. I have some friends in Hawaii that spend 1000's of dollars on them and one runs a shop where all he does is customize them. Scooters are huge in Hawaii. I love the things... Living in Seattle though it kind of sucks due to the high amount of days that involve rain.

I was pretty big into Ruckus' for awhile. Ive been thinking of getting another one. They are great bikes and yes... they make quite a few parts for them if you want to customize them. I have some friends in Hawaii that spend 1000's of dollars on them and one runs a shop where all he does is customize them. Scooters are huge in Hawaii. I love the things... Living in Seattle though it kind of sucks due to the high amount of days that involve rain.

Everyone here has more money into their scoots than they paid for the bike lol. It's funny you see/hear everyone redlining around with swaps exhausts etc but why bother? A motorcycle is cheaper and cooler. You'll talk to people who spent thousands on their bikes and they are so strung out they need to be rebuilt every couple months. And they still only go 45-50 mph. I love the ruckus but I agree with anyone who suggests a ct70 they are way more kick ass go faster and have a lot of aftermarket. I love my ct90 it would go anywhere went faster than a heavily modded ped and still got nearly 100mpg.

I bought a ruckclone and I barely get 70mpg and it's slow as piss. I don't care though it looks way cooler than most mopeds and doesn't need insurance. When the engine pops or the trans goes out it's already gy6 an the 150cc engine literally bolts up and is plug and play. Wheels brakes suspension is all the same already between models. The real ruckus has loads of customizable parts but if you want to swap it get a clone. Best part of a Honda is the reliability... Did I just say that on ratsun? Lol

I should start a build thread for it 3years collecting parts already. my next is a CT70 and then a CF70

That would be bad ass. I would like to check out a build thread of a z50 and a ct70. I took a lot of pictures when I restored mine, maybe I should start one too. I don't know if the guys here on Ratsun would like a Honda build thread tho lol.gif

Is the gas can attached rear fender/rack in the first pix? blink.gif

That's the auxilary tank. Ups the value a hundred bucks or so they are relatively rare to find with them. The main tank is under the seat much easier to fill up than a ruckus tank. The shallow ruck tank splashes a lot on fill plus it doesn't have a reserve or the auxilary tank. Or a dual range automatic 4 speed tranny that will literally crawl out of hell. Having owned both style bikes get a ct90/ ct110 they go forever and parts availability Is good. Not to thread jack but I have an orange 73 with all the collectors parts just sitting around in wa. Always fires ip first kick and low miles if someone was in the market for one