new member, datsun 320

Hi all,

I just bought a datsun 320 pick up, so i have been searching the internet for

info ect. I must say this is the first old car i have had such a hard time finding parts for, i mean tune up/ brake parts. I won't start talking tech here.

I owned a 1986 nissan d21 stake bed which has 300,000 plus miles on it and my dad still drives it, and after that truck me and my brother bought a UD 1800

bobtail which i love as well. Well thats all, zenon

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a 1964 320, the type with the bed which is not part of the body, L320 I think. This is the first datsun i have ever owned but I have a acouple nissan trucks for work.I am not very internet savy so I need to upload some photos to a photo site to get a url becuase i guess i can't upload photos directly. I will link some pics soon. zenon

hey dat521,

I used to own a 1971 hornet sportabout, I bought it for my wife. I loved that car, It was so clean, but alas, It was my wifes car and well.....she is not an old car person. I started making a disc brake conversion that never was used. I have it all in the box. zenon

It is a 1964 320, the type with the bed which is not part of the body, L320 I think. This is the first datsun i have ever owned but I have a acouple nissan trucks for work.I am not very internet savy so I need to upload some photos to a photo site to get a url becuase i guess i can't upload photos directly. I will link some pics soon. zenon

If you'd like to include pictures within your posts and/or would like to maintain your own independent photo album, this guide is for you. (This will also allow people to see your images without having to be logged in).

There are many places to host pictures including Yahoo!'s flickr.com, Google's Picasa and Photobucket. I'll focus on the later, as it's the easiest to suss out for posting pictures on a forum such as this one.

1. The first step is obviously to create an account on your desired image host. For this example we're using Photobucket. Navigate to http://photobucket.com and click the "join now" button. Fill out the signup form to start your account.

2. Now that you've started an account, you can upload photos to your album. Go to "My Account" and you'll be presented with the option to upload pictures. If you don't see a link for "My Account," go back to the front page http://photobucket.com/ and you'll see it as a tab, or you'll need to sign in. Once you've clicked the link, you'll see a few buttons which read "Choose Fle." Click them and select the picture(s) you'd like to upload, when you are done choosing the pictures to upload, click the "Upload" button. Once the status bar reaches 100%, you'll have photos in your album!

3. Scroll down in your album, and you'll see the images you just uploaded. Underneath each image should be various shortcuts, the one we're interested in for posting on this forum is "IMG Code." Copy that content and paste it into your posts -- it's that easy.

(If anybody can improve on this guide, by all means, do so).

zenndog, my wife isn't an old car person either. well she does have a thing for fins from the 50's-60's, not that she would ever drive a big'ol boat like that. my hornet has disc's in the front but they are manual (no power booster) first car i've ever driven like that. thinking about the booster upgrade one day.:)

well dat521,

My wife likes old cars, she loved the sportabout, but she chewed it up and spit it out. when i say she is not an old car person i mean she just doesn't treat em nice. If i noticed the starter was making noise when i borrowed her car and was checking it out she would say " yeah, it has been doing that all week, I keep having to crank it and crank it and crank it ".......mmmm....oh well! Hope she never reads this!!!!! I may be in trouble. zenon

my wife is hard on every car we have. slams on the brakes, slams on the gas and she never tells me when something on it gets broke. i noticed a 12" crack the other day in her windshield and i ask her "when were you going to tell me that" it was like not a big deal at all to her. she said "oh i was going to tell you about that". yeah right.

i use to make her drive our 65 dart years ago when our 89 jetta was down. now she has a 95 and is picky when it comes to wanting to drive the 89 as a back up when her 95 is in the shop. i've got the 89 as clean and maintained as it's ever been. she really dog's on her cars. you should have seen her granada when i met her. anyway i told her she couldn't drive the 89 when her auto tranny goes out in her 95. (it will go out sooner or later). i told her i was making her drive the hornet or volare. she about came unglued on that one. she cant drive a stick and i told her i would rather she drive my 71 521 than beat up on the 89.

i guess it's time i plan ahead and find a tranny for her so when the time comes i'll have it. fucking jetta's are high maintenance.

my favorite car we owned was a 70 torino gt fastback and she raked the rear quarter around a post at the fuel pump. i wanted to cry!! i will own another someday. should have kept the 65 dart and 74 scout 2. i finally stopped getting rid of our cars and the ones we have now are all junk. go figure.

nice truck btw. where are you located?

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, I have been out of it for a while, too much going on to devote attention to cars and such. I was having trouble enjoying myself for a while. I put some songs on myspace and if you dare check them out. I posted the link in my signature as well as the link to my business in LA.

http://www.myspace.com/zenonlukas

http://www.lastripping.com

We have diptanks and can strip paint off anything and now do limited metal stripping so if you need anything call us, the number is on the site. we also sell strippers like industrial aircraft strippers and rust removers. Lots of advice as well.

Yeah, wouldn't that be great! Of course I am shure you can find somewhere down there in riverside county to get what your looking for!!

Oh and I am new like for a year, I just didn't want to start a new thread, or something. Now that I see the title in on the board I can see how it is a little misleading to add to your indro post a year into being a member!!! Opps, seemed like a good idea yesterday.

My thought was, as I was reviewing my old posts, that it is kind of cool to check in on an old post and add to it a little. Especially tech posts, it is easy to forget what has been discussed and often difficult to find because , well, all of us have our own style of naming things and so searches yield varied results, right? Z