Regy's new 510 project

rjrieth

I'll just stop by and grab those wheels sometime. Yeah that yoda is kicking my butt. I'll get another shot of the 510 from the other side. I haven't worked on that side since i was in college though so its not too impressive. I'll have to try and get up there to get those brakes too. Thanks for the info Len, and you don't need to put karen through any discomfort on my behalf lol! On another note i know its not a datsun but it is a rat so i thought i'd share a couple pictures of my new daily. Its a 1978 Toyota Corona wagon. I just lowered it 4 inches in the front and 3 in the back using cut 510 rear springs which were suprisingly beefier than the stock ones, and 3 in blocks with 1/2 inch U bolts in the back.

P1020103.jpg

P1020104.jpg

P1020105.jpg

P1020106.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a 68-73 510 SEDAN guy at heart, but I would love to put together some other 70's import Wagon......74-newer Datsun, Toyota, Mazda, whatever.........maybe find a nice solid one once I'm out in Colorado!! Very cool Wagon!! :thumbup:

Awright! That's what a car should look like! Scare all the Honduh cars, cause they'll be afraid you'll play bumper cars with them. I like mattyhacks71's idea of preserving the patina. Isn't there a clear coat that is flat, not shiny?

I saw Matt this afternoon and he didn't mention a new car in the neighborhood. Does he not know about it, or is he in Toyota denial? He said the yellow 510 is going to someone as part of a swap. So maybe you will get to weld on it a bunch more.

I may come to the farm tomorrow to look at your ebrake cable. I went to hook mine up yesterday and something isn't making sense. There may be a part I took off and put somewhere. I almost crawled under Matt's 510 today, but I didn't have on my P&S clothes. I'll bring the slots if I come.

I got a scare the other day when I saw a 510 for sale on craigslist. I'd just licensed mine so I remembered the title is in Karen's name. When I saw your ad and the location, I thought she was selling mine! lol!

Len

• 8 months later...

Ok it has been a while since I've been on here but I have been working on my car. And my motor is pretty much done. It is an L20, closed chamber head, enough shaved off of it to bump it up to just over 10:1. New pistons, rings, and bearings. Copy of a nismo cam, 9000rpm valve springs, 3 angle valve job, cannon dual side draft intake, dual weber 40 dcoe carbs, head is ported to match the intake. I still need a Ka oil pimp and a header. Thanks very much to HRH. I'll get some pics up soon of the recent body work and some pics of the motor.