Banzai Datto and Desert Datsun Dual run

speedgato

Saturday, January 28th

Run up to Phx, meet up with the Desert Datsun guys. We will then make a run to Canyon Lake and over to Tortilla flats. After that, we will make our way over to the Scottsdale Pavilions for the car show there. Desert Datsun expects that they will have over 30 Datsun for this run! We are planning on staying the night and making a leisurely return the next morning.

Meet:

Primarily Japanese

600 N Stone Ave

Leave:

8am

Rendezvous with Desert Datsun:

10am

Superstition Springs Mall

I-60 and Power Rd

Mesa

Once we meet up with Desert Datsun:

Datsun Tortilla Flat Run

•Departure from Krispy Kreme parking lot, 6627 E. Superstition Springs Blvd, Mesa (north side of Superstition Springs Blvd just west of Power Road). Leaving at 10:30 AM sharp.

•East on Superstition Springs Blvd, north on Power Rd. to jump back on Hwy 60, then heading east approximately 8 miles to Idaho Rd exit.

•Travel north on Idaho Rd. approximately 3 miles till it intersects Hwy 88 (Apache Trail), splitting off right, to Canyon Lake.

•Take Hwy 88 (northeast) to lunch at Tortilla Flat, just past Canyon Lake (16 miles). Parking area is small. Options are parking along road or upper parking lot (dirt road past buildings, look for sign to upper parking lot). Arrival by about 11:30 AM.

•In order to have a reasonable chance of parking together at the Pavilions car show, we will need to depart lunch by 1:00 PM.

•We will return the way we came, on Hwy 88, till reaching Lost Dutchman Rd. (about ¾ of the way back to Hwy 60).

•At Lost Dutchman Rd. turn right (west) and continue about 6 miles to Usery Pass Rd.

•At Usery Pass Rd. turn right (north), continuing on to intersection with the Bush Hwy, about 8 miles.

•At Bush Hwy, turn right and follow road as it winds, northeast then northwest, till it intersects the Beeline Hwy (Hwy 87).

•At the Beeline Hwy turn left (southwest). Continue till reaching the traffic light at Shea Blvd, near Fountain Hills.

•At Shea Blvd, turn right (west) and continue about 10 miles till reaching 101 Fwy.

•Go south on the 101 Fwy, exiting at Indian Bend (4 miles) to car show at Pavilions shopping center (north side of Indian Bend behind McDonalds restaurant). Arrival about 2:30 PM.

Get your Datsuns ready!! 1st event of the new year! A lot of the cars that have been down all year will finally be ready for this trip. Come join us!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

January 28th.

This will be an awesome run! The run will be great, and the car show in the evening will really top it off for those who haven't been to this show. It's the largest longest running weekly cruise-in in the country. Usually a few hundred vehicles show up.

Can't decide whether to bring the 510 or 280ZXT.

• 2 weeks later...

I have actually driven up to Tortillia Flats When I went to JCCS in 2009, I spent a week with my parents in Scottsdale. SO me a my buddy rolled the truck up there had some killer burgers at the restaurant and came back....Cool drive wish i could do it with ya all, beats sitting here in Seattle watching it snow....Have a good time guys...and you know how it goes....Pictures..!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We had a turnout of about 30 cars. 20 or so older Datto's, and a few newer Nissans. Represented were the 240/260/280 crowd, 280zx, 300zx, 1200, 620, pl510, hl510, and 350z. Good drive, y'all missed out. I see the 720 in the top pic, but didn't see him with us up in Phoenix.

This is where we had lunch. It was at the old-west-ish of Tortilla Flats. This was a cafeteria style lunch, hot dogs, nachos, burgers, chili, etc.

tortlunch2.jpg