Ford Eco-boost

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the fact that each and every rx-8 motor has been recalled for excessive oil consumption?

I wouldn't buy that shit either.

Radio

Not every single renesis motor has been recalled, as far as I remember it was just the first few years. There are plenty of of high milage rotory motors. However, rotory /= DISI motor. There are plenty of stock high milage 2.3l DISI motors out there. I got rid of mine because of the gas milage and a cheaper car payment, not because of the engine.

Jon521 .. if you want to do this or any other swap ... don't let my words(bs) stop you! !! :lol: :) ;)

Its a neat idea mang ... just do what you wish to :cool:

Would love to stick a Taurus sho engine in an s30 ... if the Rev limiter was removed easily ... gotta research that ...

Damn you auto-correct

i have no intention of doing a swap or buying this motor, but thank you!

i just wanted to see what Ratsun thought about it :) and i did haha

Guess what my 1993 Nissan Maxima Daily Driver w 346000km passed on the freeway this morning? A 2002 Taurus...no accident just broke down piece of shit.

Ford = Fail

Please, go ahead buy an Eco boost, so you can prove how in 5+ years it'll be broke down too. or keep driving, maintaining and improving that 30+ year old Datsun, or 20+ year old Nissan just like Ratsun will help you do. :)

Radio

lol

assuming ,,,

You kind of forgot to mention the other cars that you saw ,,, that were "no accident just broken down pieces of shit" lol

You know what ? I passed 3 Older Maxima's on the side of the interstate/freeway this month ! ,,, lol

I also saw some Chevrolet's ,,, some Ford's ,,, some Dodge's ,,,,a Suzuki ,,, and a couple of Honda's !

( that's what I can think of atm )

Does that make them automatically " no accident just broken down pieces of shit" to ?

Nope sure doesn't ! Why ? because there are many many factors ,,, out of gas ,,, bad fuel

gauge ,,, poor poor maintenance ,,, stolen cars ,,, ditched cars ,,, drunks walking home ,,, etc

no oil left in engine,,,, blown tire ,,,, polar bear ran in front of them on Canadian highway eh !? :lol:

Did you stop and talk to the owner of the Taurus ? Find out the issue ? Check the mileage on it ?

Of course not ! that's impractical , takes time , and just plain creepy ! lol

So you did what we all do ,,, drive by to your next destination !

Does this mean your VG30 Datsun truck ,,, that could not move on it's own ,,, because it was out

of gas one day ,,, and in no accident ,,, by your definition "no accident just broken down piece o shit" to anyone that

drives by it because it was sitting on the side of the highway ? lol

Absolutely Not !!!

Or again ,,, you lost your fuel pump in the same truck yes ? ( hate when that happens )

a month later same question ??? is it automatically ---> "no accident just a broke down piece of shit" ? lol

NOPE !!! Not a piece of shit at all !

BTW ,,, was it the fuel pump ? did you get a chance to test the power wire to it ? :)

Same statement with my project 240z ,,, it can run under it's own power ,,, it' can't drive under it's own

power ,,, why ? ,,, the engine swap is much to powerful for it ,,, and I need to install bigger brakes

as well as master cylinder needs upgrade !. The current Master Cylinder is shot ! Because it sits ,,, no accident ,,,

My $ goes to other priorities ,,, so it remains a "no accident broken down piece of shit" for now haha :lol:

Hell ,,, Ratsun is a great community ,,, I have been helped and seen many be helped ,,, numerous times ,,,

by those regulars that are very humble , and choose to do so on their own good free-will , time , and

patience !:cool: ,,,, That being said ,,, some can't even identify a clogged fuel filter or a blown fuse ,,, nothing

wrong with that ,,, that's how we learn :),,, so it becomes cheaper for us to throw away a car for less

money than it is worth fixing that is if we do not know how to ! or people just sell them ,,,

Now the other aspect of this is (not making fun) ,,, if older cars are so easy to run ,,, keep running ,,,

drive ,,, etc ,,, why don't we see so many of them driving around ? if they are in the junkyard ,,, there HAS to

be something wrong with them !!! MPG's and old/broken tends to be the culprit ,,,( which is true to a point for some ,,, )

Think of Ratsun's general attitude towards Datsun's , and now

think of those that can't even spell the name "Datsun" correctly ,,, or say "What kind of car again ?" when

you go to put insurance on your proud Datsun ! lol ,,, they are the ones that PUT the Datsun's in the

junkyard ,,, broken or not ! they must be "no accident broke down pieces of shit" lol

I remember pulling Subaru motor's out of junkyards ,,, put timing belts on them ,,, a few seals , oil ,,, and GO !!!!

Lots of them in the yards back in the day ! now they are pretty popular name ,,, and plenty of those cars

still driving around ! BUT ,,, people didn't want them back then ,,, as much !

No doubt manufacturers all have their problems ,,, production ,,, quality ,,, etc

And with that being said ,,, some cars deserve to die or be plunge 1,000 leagues under the sea !

I hope ,,, Ford would not risk 90% of their car models options to this world wide ,,, I don't think

they have a real option , but to take chances at this stage of the game , just like the rest of

the domestics that wish to stay domestic lol ,,,

Regular people often forget or simply don't know/care ,,, with turbo's ,,, you have to let them idle at least 2-3 minutes ,,, after being driven ,,, to circulate/cool the turbo and turbo lines ! ,,, Is it Ford's fault that 50% of the consumers that buy this will not be practicing

this preventative maintenance method when it is clearly laid out in their owners manual of standard operation ?

,,, nope ,,, but they should invest in methods to make the consumer

more aware ,,, thus extending the life of a turbo ,,, and engine especially !!!

Just ,,, their 1-liter eco-boot 4cylinder to put out = 98hp ! ,,, potential beginning to line up through the series as it is expanded upon european markets as well ! and ,,, wow ,,, 275hp out of the 2-liter Explorer Concept ? ,,, possible boasted numbers I think !

Even if they are a throw away car/engine ,,, this still works in the favor of getting the classics/older cars off the road !!!

While I do enjoy the L-Series ,,, and SBC/SBF stuff ,,, for cast-iron blocks ,,,, it is the past ,,, lot to be said for aluminum quality these days,,, I am not as impressed with the new body material makeup ,,, errrrrrr ,,, sleek on some though !!!

One thing I am pleased to see is ,,, safety standards have gone way up ,,,, even last few years !!!

Enjoy our Datsun's while we can ! :cool:

And HRH ,,, that' not how I really feel ,,, I cut it down to 1/4" of what I had ,,, :lol:

Ok you can go shoot-yourselves after reading length of this naow ,,, lol ,,, jk

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I should reply to this thread or just bitch in insomniacs. :blink: Wait, no, I'll bitch here! My new book at NAPA "VINTAGE GAS CAP GUIDE" lists Datsuns separately, but only down to 1983. Whereas every Chevy available goes down to like '54. Sigh. WTF?

As far as the Eco-boost goes, I'm sure it's a fine engine. I'm also sure it has a myriad of annoying features and sensors that don't work without the whole package. And I'm sure as shit not buying a Taurus. I'll stick with my Datsuns thank you.

I'm not sure if I should reply to this thread or just bitch in insomniacs. :blink: Wait, no, I'll bitch here! My new book at NAPA "VINTAGE GAS CAP GUIDE" lists Datsuns separately, but only down to 1983. Whereas every Chevy available goes down to like '54. Sigh. WTF?

As far as the Eco-boost goes, I'm sure it's a fine engine. I'm also sure it has a myriad of annoying features and sensors that don't work without the whole package. And I'm sure as shit not buying a Taurus. I'll stick with my Datsuns thank you.

Eco-Boost ,,, looks cool ! ,,, power wow :blink::D,,,, isn't everything a myriad of annoying features and sensors that don't work without the whole package now ? lol

You never replied to android phone thing in insomniacs ,,, read it ,,, good stuff --->

I wonder if the new eco-boost will have spark plugs that break off in the head like the 5.4s from 2000ish-2006ish? :D

And no, I didn't reply to the android phone thing because I so hate new phones. I have an old phone. I may just buy a palm computer for Internet access instead. Don't like the size of the new phones. And my old one works perfectly!

Triton, hmmmmm tri-ton,,, oh, as in 3 tons? Yep, the truck weighs that much! Oh and in the logging video, they show them hooking the chain around the trailer hitch ball, which is a completely stupid move. That's a good way to break the ball off and launch the chain back towards someone. Welded hitch, or pintle hook is a much better idea there. Or a D ring. Something other than the trailer ball.

Funny enough, they also mention at 3 tons, some of those logs outweigh the truck, which is bullshit, all those stupid things are over 6000 pounds of curb weight, think most trim levels are closer to 7000. The F150 is a porker of a truck.

Triton, hmmmmm tri-ton,,, oh, as in 3 tons? Yep, the truck weighs that much! Oh and in the logging video, they show them hooking the chain around the trailer hitch ball, which is a completely stupid move. That's a good way to break the ball off and launch the chain back towards someone. Welded hitch, or pintle hook is a much better idea there. Or a D ring. Something other than the trailer ball.

Funny enough, they also mention at 3 tons, some of those logs outweigh the truck, which is bullshit, all those stupid things are over 6000 pounds of curb weight, think most trim levels are closer to 7000. The F150 is a porker of a truck.

Agreed

... on commercial thing

Base weight spread out a bit more than that Hrh ---> http://www.fordf150.net/2010/2010-ford-f150-specifications.php

Here's a good one directly from Ford's website. The F150 4x4 even with the Ecoboost engine, still only manages 15 city/21 hwy according to EPA estimates. While the original D21 4x4 4cyl was 18/21 if I remember correctly. And considering I can get 22 on the highway, and 18 in the city, looks like my $2000 truck with $2000 worth of blood sweat and aftermarket parts, is considerably more efficient! And it's a Datsun! And it looks better! It does not have the cool suspension of the Raptor, however. :(

Here's a good one directly from Ford's website. The F150 4x4 even with the Ecoboost engine, still only manages 15 city/21 hwy according to EPA estimates. While the original D21 4x4 4cyl was 18/21 if I remember correctly. And considering I can get 22 on the highway, and 18 in the city, looks like my $2000 truck with $2000 worth of blood sweat and aftermarket parts, is considerably more efficient! And it's a Datsun! And it looks better! It does not have the cool suspension of the Raptor, however. :(

You don't have a $600 payment to ;)

Nice to have things paid off