1974 Datsun Pickup 620

Island Dude

I am new to this board. Found it while doing a search. I have been driving my dad's 1974 pickup for about 10 years. Of course, there have been a good many repairs, but this one has my mechanic and me stumped.

We are trying to rewire a universal fuse block for the pickup model 620. I bought a universal fuse block that holds 6 fuses. It has a center post where the power feeds into the block. Everything is working, but something we have done is draining the battery overnight. Do you have any ideas on what might be wrong?

I found where some of you had addressed this question, but don't know how to get to that page.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Half the fuses on the 620 box are only on with the key. The other three are connected to a fusible link to the battery and are powered all the time. These would be the head/tail and marker/interior lights, horn, clock, cig lighter, hazards....

If draining overnight there is a draw through one of the fuses. Get a test lamp and pull fuses one at a time. Test across the fuse clips with the test lamp. When it lights that's the circuit with something on.

Half the fuses on the 620 box are only on with the key. The other three are connected to a fusible link to the battery and are powered all the time. These would be the head/tail and marker/interior lights, horn, clock, cig lighter, hazards....

If draining overnight there is a draw through one of the fuses. Get a test lamp and pull fuses one at a time. Test across the fuse clips with the test lamp. When it lights that's the circuit with something on.

Thank u , makes sense. Plan 2 try this tomorrow afternoon. Without a schematic a lot of trial an error is I guess the only way 2 figure it out.

http://www.davidcmur...at//620tech.htm Select your '74 M/T service manual. The "Body Electrical" section starts at page 386 (type 386 in the PDF file's page number box) Or scroll down under the FSM, and there's a PDF w/ just the diagram. Have fun! Now you'll never have to ask a question again :D (kidding)