Nissan hard body to 510 wagon parts question

So I've been trying to find the easiest way to get a ka24e , 5 speed, and from the research I've done it looks like the 1989-93 Nissan hardbody pick up is the best bet.

What I could find out is...

Will the rear diff and solid rear axle have about the same demensions as my wagon?

This way I can get the entire set up. Motor, trans, driveline, rear diff and solid rear axle, harness and everything from one truck and how close is this to a plug and play set up "after the xmember is flipped of course"

Again any info will help. I have found 3 diff Nissan hardbody trucks with good Ka motors at reasonable prices to choose from

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

uh nothing will work out. axle is too big. driveline i think has a center support. if youre looking for bolt in the pan needs modification. shure its rear sump but it extends far below the x member. its tbi. most people convert to 240sx injection. you might aswell get a sx one and just flip the x member to avoid lots of running around messing with shit. what research did you do that made you think this?

Only reason to swap axles: LSD, sometimes for the appearance of rear disc (I guess pedal feel as well)

What axles have an option for LSD and would probably fit under a wagon without shortening?

AE86 most likely. I have looked into the Volvo rear ends, and they arent quite LSD...

I dont know if I would go with a truck 5 speed (gear ratios, unless this means using 3.54 rear or something is easy to do).

Driveshaft needs shortening. Technically a sedan driveshaft is shorter, but not enough (only like 1-2 inches)

And I dont know so much about the crossmember, oil pan setups.

I think I measured a Hardbody axle from the rim to rim mounting surface and it was about 60". They are also 6 bolt pattern for trucks. Besides it's the same H-190 that's in the goon.

... its tbi. most people convert to 240sx injection..

It's not TBI. It's multi port injection just like the SX. It does have a throttle chamber that contains the AFM and throttle position sensor.

KA24Etruckintake002Large.jpg

• Like 1

The problem you will have with the D21 harness is it does not separate. Doesn't mean you can either cut and use it, or just put the entire harness in. Or, the easier option is to get a KA car harness (Stanza, 240sx) and swap the intakes and associated plumbing/wiring onto the head. All that will bolt on without problem from 90-93ish. 94-95 are slightly different, heads are different for 96-97 truck only. Altimas are dohc kas, which would still probably work if you grabbed the intake and everything. I doubt the ecu knows if it has one or two cams.

The rear axle on the 2wd is still too large for a wagon. Wouldn't be overkill, but it is much larger. It's also wider, you would need to neck down the tubes and axleshafts. For all that effort, you might as well just make a driveline to fit to the original wagon axle.

Or get an RX7 axle with LSD to put under it. Don't know the dimensions on those, but they're probably close to the same width as a 510. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong there.

Transmission is much longer on a truck, you will need custom crossmember, shift hole may also be further back, which can be weaseled with by moving the motor mounts forward. It may not be far off though.

LSDs for the 510 wagon cost about $1300. You can get a whole RX7 rear with LSD and disc brakes for a fraction of that. Course the 510 wheels won't fit.

If fit you mean massive poke. The one on CL has 4x114.3 pcd, lsd, disc brakes. This is only the case for the GSX-LE RX7

Is the center section (pumpkin) the same??

Yes, the early D21 2wd and 4 cylinder had the H-190 same as the 510 goon (pumpkin)

4x4s 4 cylinders were C-200 and all VG powered were H-233.

Because it has 400k miles on it

I hear that! Maybe just the pumpkin swap. You need to swap the goon side gears into it.

Yes, the early D21 2wd and 4 cylinder had the H-190 same as the 510 goon (pumpkin)

4x4s 4 cylinders were C-200 and all VG powered were H-233.

I hear that! Maybe just the pumpkin swap. You need to swap the goon side gears into it.

2x4 after '90 were C200 axles also. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the wagon and truck H190s different widths?

2x4 after '90 were C200 axles also. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the wagon and truck H190s different widths?

I think every model has different widths

Narrowest to Widest I Think:

320, wagon, 521, 620, 720...

Wagons have very short axles.

Guest kamakazi620

I'm talking Center section Ring and pinion KEEP waggo Axle, swap center gears for LSD