Dirt track 510 Race car (Lets go fast and turn left)

Should I bring this to the JCCS 2012 or not?  

1. 1. Should I bring this car to the JCCS, yes or no?

To many people live there, actually to many people live here also, and they have a lot of rules about cars, they won't even let semi trucks in their state unless they meet their standards, and I would vote to not let them ship their sub-standard food here myself, they grow edible cardboard there.

shut yer damn dirty lying mouth!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^yeah!!

Shame you have to sell, good luck man.

Thanks, I'm keeping some of my stuff. I have a stock pile of L series stuff I refuse to part with and I will be keeping my project 4 door and my other 2 door race car body. I'm planning to build the other two door and race it in the " Vintage Auto Racing Association" where my car won't be getting trashed every week, plus it'll be fun to race with similar cars instead of a bunch of honda's, focus's, cavalier's and crap. :)

I guess that means there will have to be yet another race car build thread, once I get settled and everything calms down a little. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I lived in the LA area for 7 years, couldn't wait to leave. The traffic, crime, and high cost of living are not worth it! I make the same money where I am now,it's like a 50% pay raise compaired to CA. Lots of racing here too, just ask Bob, the manager of Pike's Peak Raceway, and owner of the MX520.

I hear ya, it's just one of those things. I always love it when I vacation there and I love the beaches and weather. I've spent most of my life in Missouri and I'm sick of the extreme summer humidity, and the long cold winters. With my wife's education and my work back ground We'll actually come out money ahead percentage wise, because the pay is so much better there than in the mid-west, even with the higher costs of living.

Besides... Have you heard of Ferguson on the news lately, I only live 30 minutes from there. That crap has been spreading like wild fire, hoodlums are really making it unsafe to live here. Our crime rate is one of the worst in the country, and that's not even taking into account the recent Ferguson crap.

Ferguson is nothing compaired to the LA riots I was there for. they distroyed the liquor store the was on the other side of the alley from where I was living, not to mention what they did to that poor truck driver! The beaches are dirty, water is so poluted that you shouldn't be in the ocean most of the time. Compared to where I vacation, the beaches in CA are disgusting! If you want, give me your email, and I'll send pics of a good beach, so you can compare. If you have $800,000 to buy an average house in the LA area, more power to you, but you couldn't pay me enough to move back to that hell hole!

You'll find out, hope you speak spanish, you'll need it in that area. I only moved there because there were no jobs in CO at that time. I thought I would only be there for 1 to 2 years, then move back to CO, ended up taking 7 years. The biggest percentage of people moving to CO come from CA, there is a reason for that. I'm not in favor of making it more crowded here, but I hate to Datto lovers going some where they may end up regretting. Now the unemployment rate is the lowest in the country here in CO, another thing to think about.

Everybody needs to live in L.A. at least once, so give it a try. Enjoy what it has, move on if you don't like it. Expensive, yes. Crowded, yes. Great year round weather, yes.

VARA is a great race club, I've raced and instructed with them for almost 15 years. Lots of fast 510s, good people, good tracks, great wknd parties!

Thanks Troyt, fact of the matter is i'm not going into this blind. I've lived in Georgia, Colorado, Illinois, Missouri, and Massachusetts. Not to mention I've traveled to about half the states in the country, not to mention Hawaii and several islands in the Bahamas and Virgin Islands. My original plan was to move to Florida, but my wife is terrified of the Hurricane season, so we shifted our interest to California. I personally love the weather there and I've always had great experiences with the people I've met there. I understand that every state and city has good and bad areas and every place has advantages and disadvantages. I just believe that at this point in my life, California is a good fit for me and my wife.   B)

• Like 1

She says the earth quakes won't bother her. I personally don't get the tornado/hurricane fear. I've watched many Tornados from my front yards here in Missouri... from a distance of coarse, but i've never had a fear of them. :yawn:

Just wait till your house feels like it's in a paint shaker, then when that stops, it feeels like you are on a small boat rocking from ocean waves. That is what the last one we were in felt like. We were in the shower at 5am getting ready to leave on a trip, lost the power, so had to finish in the dark. Then about 2 hours later we are on the plane waiting to taxi out and a big after shock hit, felt like something hit our plane, shook pretty good!