Hello, I'm new.

JohnVander

Hey Everyone,

I purchased Icehouses' sedan a while back and am slowly restoring and hoping to transform it into a La Carrara Panamericana contestant ( http://www.panamrace.com/ ). For the near future I just want to make it into a clean little runner I can teach my son to drive in. It's funny that I have a B series Datsun again after all these years because my first car was an 77 F10 (in 1986).

%3Ca%20href=6486917963_c5f23f49a9.jpg">

Some body work has been done to the car since the picture was taken, the next steps are shock replacement, a suspension bushing refresh, carb rebuild or Weber conversion, new exhaust, and a full motor tune. I also have a 5speed that I need slap in there, plus I'd like to swap in some smaller wheels.

- John

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The lighter a car is, the bigger the bang when you add a few hp to it. This is the weight to hp ratio and (guessing here) but the 1200 weighs what 1700 lbs or so? So an A14 is 60 hp? ... this works out to just under 30 pounds per hp. My Dart was 10 lbs per hp and low 14s in the quarter. If you were to swap an L20B (90 hp) in, this would drop to under 20/hp or a whopping 1/3!

I also purchased this motor for it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94r3CxFfOls but want to clean the car up before I put it in.

Here are the build specs:

A-15 .080 over

11:1 compression

279 duration cam (232@.050) and .460" lift

The cam is installed straight up and is ground on a 106 intake centerline with a 108 lobe center

ported/polished A-15 head

oversize valves (40mm intake and 32mm ex)

Nismo Header

MSN 6A Ignition Box

Elec. Ignition

Redline Intake with a couple 40 mm DCOEs

30 venturi

45F9 IDLE JET

130F11 MAINS

50 ACC JET

JE full floting forged pistons in the engine and I can provide those specs to you if I can dig up the spec sheet that came with them. The engine has ARP head and main studs along with ARP rod bolts. The engine was balanced.

Installed a tilton 10 lb aluminum flywheel with a centerforce clutch

The carbs were sold before I bought it so I'd like to do a setup like this

on it.

Great post, great car, great engine, great vision for the carb set-up. This thread has much win.

I love a 12hundy with a hot A on it. They sound so tough in such a small package. It really is a coin toss for me as to which I like better, the 1200 or the 510.

Vander I remeber when Jeff had this car. He was lowering it the day I was over there.

Its runn a Matchbox dizzy which is good . It was wired up using the point coil and ballast so just leave that stuff alone thats wire. But if you wan you could bemove the ballast and put a MSD Blaster 2 in there and hook it straight up. But i assume you no this already.

Motor was really greasy but it ran good. Got good gas milage

Wow! I didn't expect to get history on my car thank you! Fisch I feel the same as you on the 510/1200 comparison, I went with the 1200 because of it's uniqueness and light weight. GG, how long did you have the car before you sold it? What else did you swap into the car? H165? Any B210 suspension parts? I've had those questions since I bought the car from Jeff.

When I bought it it had no engine. So I put the A14 in it. Also it had no seats, so I put B310 seats in it. I did swap the wheels which are now on my car! So at the point I sold it to Jeff, it was all stock except for that.

I bought it to save the 1200 from the wrecking yard. Glad to see it continues to survive.