WeberDGV/DGES carb experts

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAINZ, I was just messing with my DGEV, I pulled the idle cut solenoid, removed the hardware store o-ring I got and screwed it in until it bottomed out(NOT tightening past that) runs 50% better!!! Maybe it was causing fuel to drip ...? Its worth a try!

Off to go for a test drive...

521 gatherer

Hairline crack in intake? Freeze plug pin hole on under intake?

I got one carb to work. so INTAKE cant be cracked.

idle jets are clean and running 55s.

OK last nite i pulled out the mixture screw/tension spring. and sparay carb cleaner in the hole and it came out the bottom port.GOOD

I then sprayed in the idle jet port. carb was level and when I look inside the Bowl carb cleaner was in there. so I assume that part is OK.

But I would also assume carb cleaner should come out the mixture hole or the port. It did not.

So I screwed the idle jet back in. Then shot carb cleaner in the main jet inside the bowl and carb cleaner cam eout the top airjet and a port that shoots in the main barrel from the top.

But I would think if I shot carb cleaner in the main jet that soem would come out the mixture adjustment hole or the port. There was none.

Sealik.

on fig 7.4 #35 is the "primary prgression channel" I was looking for. So Im not getthing fuel thru there

have you pulled your emulsion tubes to see if they're gunked up? That's where it collects on me. I know you're getting the same prob with multiple carbs, but might as well check. Just in case you don't know, they're under your main jets, use a coat hanger to get them out.

Im not a carb expert but these carbs look simple.

emulsion tubes ? Are they used in the idle circut? . The carbs are fine above idle.

Now I got the main carb I been working on to get fluid out of the idle jet port at the bottom of the carb. I had taken the carb to work and blew air thru it and used a chem cleaner. I found out if I squirted carb cleaner with the straw in the right position I got fluid comming out the idle port and in to the bowl from the main jet. SO I will call this good. I had been just jamming the straw in and pushing the button and most of the carb cleaner comes flying back and wouldnt get it it in the correct position.

So I know did this to the other carbs and got fluid to come out. Im thinking ther carbs were good in the first place. and there is soem sort of a vaccum loss else where Im not seeing. Right now I have a 32 /36 5A manual choke one and runs runs good enough but after having a 38/38 its a big difference. This 32/36 the transition to the 2nd maechanical seems like its running out of gas before it takes off again so Im sure its a jetting issue.

I come to the conclusion if you are just going to run a 32/36 dont evn bother waistin money on a cam ect as the power gains are not worth it unless you go to a 38/38/SUs/ or a sidedraft PHH/DCOE set up. STOCK L motor find a cheap DCH340 or a replacement 32/36 and call it good and save your money.

As for these carbs I just cleaned the idle ports I have to put th 521 back in and try the 3 carbs again or try another gasket and HOPE it was just dirty enough and now its clean

thank for everybodys responses

This 32/36 the transition to the 2nd maechanical seems like its running out of gas before it takes off again so Im sure its a jetting issue.

Accelerator Pump or Accelerator Pump Dispersion Nozzle ? ( If anything like a Holley ,,, one can order different sized dispersion nozzles ,,, depending on needs ,,, assuming all else is correct ! )

Pegagsus Racing has one here ---> https://www.pegasusa....asp?RecID=4145 ,,, I am sure the mileage will go down though ,,, :lol:

Also check Power Valve/Power Valve Diaphram ,,, assuming All (Mains/Passage/Bleeders/etc ) else is clean

I am not an "Weber Expert " Either ,,, never had one feel like it's "running out of gas before it takes off again" ,,, unless your running a cam ,,, I can't remember ?

NOTE: Just a thing to keep in the back of the mind ,,, sometimes the floats will partially fail (have a tiny hole and fill with gas) ,,, then dry ,,, and sort of work ,,, depending on how old they are ,,, manufacturer ,,, etc ,,, not related but to keep an eye out !

The emulsion tube is what you're running all the carb cleaner through to try to get flow. Mine got boogered up and it stalled and wasn't right until above idle, and still not great after. much easier to check and clean when you yank it out. When I got the rat turd looking gunk that was blocking the lower holes, it ran perfect.

On a side note, thank you for mentioning the fuel supply issue with the 32/36 and lumpy cam. That's part of what I did also. Mine pulls hard for a bit, but extended flooring it seems to run out of gas and sputter out. Driven sensibly with short bursts of speed, never any problem. Thought I needed a high flow fuel pump, but if it's that my carb won't supply, I need to look into that instead.

actually I got the cheap electric and am running a return I got from summit. I don't want to thread jack, so I'll just start my own thread about that when i'm ready to tackle it. For now, it eases the temptation to race. GL with your troubleshooting, Don't forget to post when you have it fixed, and what it was.