road hypnosis

H of mph, like my speed..... never done H, like the drug. And I was fucking crazy back in the day. I take it easy, and drive sober now for fear of tickets.

That makes me feel a lot better actually. ;)

• Like 1
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have done this. Its scary when you drive 30 plus miles aand I don't rremember any of it. At least 1 interchange and a few long straights. My wife was there and can conffirm anything I said.

I get that after lane changes some days. I'll remember looking over my shoulder and checking for traffic. And intelligently I KNOW that I keep checking the road in front of me if the lane change is taking too long, but all I can remember is looking behind me. Same thing when trying to find a radio station. I can remember my head physically moving from looking up and down and back, but I can't actually remember what I saw out the wind shield. It's a bit creepy.

I fell asleep with my eyes open driving once. woke up 10 seconds later in another lane. Scared the shit out of me.

I use mr. bean method, toothpicks to hold eyes open! laugh.gif

Everybody I know think I'm such a great driver it almost annoys me.. Lucky my datsun is so loud it keeps me more focused.

When I was about 20 I used to drive about 30 miles to work on boring double lane with grassy center divider between me and the oncoming traffic. Many is the time I would zone out and if a car came up behind me I guess I would subconsciously 'see' the movement in the rear mirror when it got to within a few hundred yards. I would freak out and mentally yell at myself for not being alert and paying attention. The same would happen if I started overtaking another car. Suddenly I would become aware (even though it was several hundred yards ahead) and there was no danger, just that It wasn't there and suddenly it was. It happened all the time and slowly I began to realize that my subconscious was watching out even if I didn't seem to be. It was like having radar and if anything in front or behind got within my 'bubble' it would tell me and I would become more aware. Surface street driving was different, and the alertness level was always fine but out on the freeway with no oncoming traffic and everyone going in my direction, I would daydream. There's just no way you can stay constantly at full alert, maybe alert isn't the word and mentally you would 'stand down', a reduced level of awareness, mental cruise control perhaps to match the lowered risk level. All I know is that I will snap to full aware if there was anything.

Yep you will snap to full aware if something was about to happen, but your reaction time would be much better if you were actually paying attention in the first place ;) Hard to stay 100% alert on boring ass roads though....

When I was about 20 I used to drive about 30 miles to work on boring double lane with grassy center divider between me and the oncoming traffic. Many is the time I would zone out (day-dreaming about my asian trannys of course ! ,,, eh) and if a car came up behind me I guess I would subconsciously 'see' the movement in the rear mirror when it got to within a few hundred yards. I would freak out and mentally yell at myself "Fuck You NOTES... !!!!! ,,, Eh " for not being alert and paying attention. The same would happen if I started overtaking another car. Suddenly I would become aware (even though it was several hundred yards ahead) and there was no danger, just that It wasn't there and suddenly it was. It happened all the time and slowly I began to realize that my subconscious was watching out even if I didn't seem to be. It was like having radar and if anything in front or behind got within my 'bubble' it would tell me and I would become more aware. Surface street driving was different, and the alertness level was always fine but out on the freeway with no oncoming traffic and everyone going in my direction, I would daydream (O-o AsianTranny's ,,, eh ). There's just no way you can stay constantly at full alert, maybe alert isn't the word and mentally you would 'stand down', a reduced level of awareness, mental cruise control perhaps to match the lowered risk level. All I know is that I will snap to full aware if there was anything.

fixed