Carburetion (L20b)

AZhitman

Got a mildly-worked L20b going into my '68 Dime... Interested in some pro opinions on what carburetion I should be considering for this engine.

I have a Weber 32/36 with manifold and a set of SU's that need rebuilding, and I'd certainly consider something different (if it's not gonna break the bank).

Streetability is most important - I don't want to be dicking with it all the time, so I'll sacrifice a little power for simplicity and longevity.

Thanks all!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a pretty even split (Weber vs SU's).... Would love to hear some other opinions.

My Weber is currently on the L16, so I'm sure it'll require rejetting. Then again, so will the SU's.

I have a set of SSS16/18 flattops and intake (and a pair of real Brittish 2 liter SUs) but haven't installed them yet so can't say I love them over a 32/36. Yet. I really don't want a 32/36 partly because it isn't Nissan, partly it's over done, partly that multi-carbs are so cool looking and sounding.