Adjustable LCA's

Sinnful

I will be building some adjustable LCA's for Dislexicdime in teh next week or so. So I was wundering if anybody else would be interested in a set?

I was thinking about selling them with no joints, just the modded LCA's to keep the cost down for now so people wouldn't have to shell out so much right away. and then they can source the joints themselves.

but I would need the cores so thats one draw back, I think I have enought to build like 5 or 6 sets right now with the ones I've collected for awhile.

Now Mikey wants his an 1/8" shorter from stock ( thats what I'm running on my car). I can build them to whatever length someone wants.

Also I build them on a jig.

I was thinking I can do a set modded for...

90.00 a set with rattle can paint

I can get them powdercoated for like 30.00 for teh set

core charge would be 50.00 a pair

so the total would be 140.00 plus shipping but I will refund you back 50.00 after I receive the cores

So the question would be.......is anybody interested????

heres a picture of the ones I built for my car

IMG_20110418_1841161.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats what I was kinda wundering if some people wanted them, when? since I'm building a set for Mikey, I will have everything out to build'em, so I might just build as many as I can since I will have the set up out.

so the another question is......

would an 1/8" shorter than stock work for everyone?

Hmm. Now, wouldn't a shorter LCA cause more bumpsteer?

I thought the longer the control arm, the better.. at least that's what makes sense when I think about it.

Sort of the same reason that Datsport's handling/conversion kits feature longer LCA's on a narrower crossmember?

Why is he wanting a shorter LCA? And wouldn't putting the center of the adjustment range allow you to adjust to either longer or shorter?

Sorry to be ignorant but what Joint would I use?

Are you using the stock LCA mounting stud?

Or are you using a 5/8 bolt.

Looks nice.

Bryce

I recommend using teflon lined 3/4" x 3/4" heim joint with a high tensile strength

yes correct, I use the factory stud. I drill out 9/16" mis-alignment spacers to 14.5mm

I can get the heims and spacers for people if they want. but I figured this way people can do this upgrade as they get money so its not so much all at once.

and no I do not use bolts for mounting the LCA's

Hmm. Now, wouldn't a shorter LCA cause more bumpsteer?

I thought the longer the control arm, the better.. at least that's what makes sense when I think about it.

Sort of the same reason that Datsport's handling/conversion kits feature longer LCA's on a narrower crossmember?

Why is he wanting a shorter LCA? And wouldn't putting the center of the adjustment range allow you to adjust to either longer or shorter?

it helps to cheat with wheel spacing on some cars if they use camber plates.

Now me saying 1/8" shorter is with the heim joint screwed all the way in, so they can be adjusted out for the set up people are running in their cars.

of course the more heim joint shank in the LCA, the stronger it is. but the shank out say 1/4" out of the LCA would be fine.

By the way, Chris (sinnful) is an excellent fabricator.

I run one of his swap crossmembers in my 510 and it is top quality.

Chris, I'll be hitting you up for a set of arms around tax return time.

THANKS Kevin, I appreciate!

and yes I build KA/SR crossmembers also, which I will be building at least one probably next week

And Kevin just let me know buddy

How much with the joint included?

I would have to check avaibility on parts before someone would want them from me but.

a pair of modded LCA's, (2) 3/4" lined heim joints, (4) 14.5mm hi-misalignment bushings, (2) jamnuts should be 170.00-180.00

if you want powdercoat add 30.00

Never ever use a bolt in place of your lca bolt !

You are putting your self and all the other people on the road in danger!

I would never use a bolt. I know a scary thought.

I was just seeing how Chris did it.

The Mod of the misalignment spacer is more what I was trying to get clarity on.

This way people know what they are looking for.

Never ever use a bolt in place of your lca bolt !

You are putting your self and all the other people on the road in danger!

Curious why you say this, unless you mean just a bolt small enough in diameter to fit through the smallest diameter of the crossmember sleeves, which is rather small. I don't see a problem with a 5/8ths bolt through a new, larger sleeve - it's larger than the stock bolt.

Are those ae86 coilovers? Ive herd you can buy the megan weld on coilovers for an ae86 work up front...

Those are actually S13 coilovers welded to what's left of a V6 S12 strut. I have never heard of using the ae86 strut in 510 before, but I suppose it could be possible tho

I would be down for a set but it will have to wait till after christmas. My wife has grounded me from buying parts till after christmas. Or if these persons that owe me quite a bit of money would actually pay me. You know how that goes.

No problem,I was curious to see how many people were interested in set.just let me know