71 510 fj20 build

jdmdime

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Took less then two minutes to plasma cut off the pan from the flange....... Afer it was apart i took the time to fill it with water, it holds eactly what the math said it would......4 quarts....

1321952509.jpg

Aww look at this cute little oil pan flange the Deviant whipped up.........AGAIN........Mk2 oil pan coming soon....

1321952510.jpg

Instant Mk2 oil pan just add weld.....

1321952512.jpg

Bead

1321952513.jpg

I give you the mk2 pan! see the diffrence? See those holes were supposed to be in the last pan.......I kinda welded it together before putting them in...........haha oops....

1321952514.jpg

And this is what makes it all possible!! The cool part is the tubes are stainless so even though the insides cant be painted they will never rust!

1321952515.jpg

After adding the engine weight, the pan hit the x member :/. so the front needed some notching

imagejpeg_2_2.jpg

Man that pan looks awesome!!! what would it cost to build me one??? I hate my front sump pan on my FJ in my wagon

Clayton

I think I would have added a bit of tilt to the pan, to help collect oil for oil changes. Other than that, I like this option over cutting the crossmember.

I actually thought about that... I guess ill run it for a wile then check for sludge buildup later?

That is the fucking craziest oil pan, haha! Awesome, dude.

This thread never fails to impress! Crazy cool pan.

Thanx guys. Yeah my fabricator is good. All fabrication credit is due were its deserved!

Man that pan looks awesome!!! what would it cost to build me one??? I hate my front sump pan on my FJ in my wagonClayton

Well you would have to talk to my fab guy daniel. Pm me if your serious about it and ill give you a contact number.