crackerjack's 620

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, I bought a 24'' cutter, set up a little office in my spare room. Got some chrome, and some black on the way. I only did the stripes as a mock-up, but I took a few steps back, and decided I like the look. So I'm goin with it. Doin a bunch of work for my boss' fleet, so that should bring back about 70% of my investment right away. Did you see how I changed the nose and fur line? Any input , like/dislike?

Maybe a pic of the altered nose from a little farther out, to see the whole image together.

Right now my feeling is, it looks fine, not sure if worth the trouble (done now) if just going to be assumed the same by everyone who knows the original logo.

Yah, your wrenches are way better. The wrenches on my design have been bugging me, probably gonna fix this weekend. I also use the stencil font, but I'm still dialing in the cut pressure and blade depth. So I end up just cutting the text off cuz the cutter tends to steal one or both of the wings on the "T" Which infuriates me, and I end up stomping around my basement in circles shouting obscenities at an inanimate object... The funny part I guess, it winds up almost saying "Raisin" Mmmm.... Raisins.

• 2 weeks later...

They came! They're hella clean. The manifold was mostly what I was after. It has some extra emissions junk on it thet my other mani doesn't have, but at least it's not all hogged out in the intake ports! I'll take it. Gonna swap my round-tops over to the new mani. This project is back on track :D <and there's the matte white vinyl in the background tht also came today!!!>

IMG_20120229_201147.jpg

• Like 1

Feel like shit, stayed home sick from work today. So decided to tear into my engine harness and get rid of those BBQ'd ground wires. Fuck this is mindnumbing shit, but I'll make it trough one wire at a time. I just keep reminding myself how awesome it'll look with the wires all tucked. Oh, and I put a QR code on the gate, so at Canby people can link right to my build thread :D I think I made it too big though, so I'll prolly tear it off and make a smaller one...

IMG_20120305_143858.jpg

IMG_20120305_143929.jpg

IMG_20120305_143953.jpg

IMG_20120303_145201.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I wish I would have finished this thread. I ended up completing the wire tuck and it looked real good. Tore around town in it raising hell for a few months, then sold it. Pretty hooked on 510 wagons now, but still have a project 620 I may fire up one day. Cool little trucks, I had a lot of fun with this one. The new owner loves it, and his wife hates it.