crackerjack's 620

So one of my spare Hitachis was kind enough to donate the cable doo-dad :D I'm gonna trim the little ear off, and drill the hole out so it's round, and weld it on to the shaft. Problem solved. Then the bracket to hold the cable will screw on over top of the idle screw thingy on the manifold. Hopefully those chokes will come off backorder soon, gotta call them after the holiday. $50 sounds a lot better than the $160 everywhere else wants for them. So my next dumb question: how do I split my fuel line to feed both carbs?

4-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has all the linkage guys, all he needs is somekind of cable trunion which he has in his sight it seems, and somekind of throddle cable mount bracket that centers itself above the cable trunion, and I showed him my home made one of 15 years, so he has an idea about that I am sure. Now all he needs is a dual SU type dual choke cable, unless one of you guys has come up with somekind of alternitive, other than "summer SUs", as I think it's difficult to make up a linkage to activate them with one choke cable, but now that I think about it, maybe two short cables leading to a small linkage setup near the valve cover, any ideas about that? Something simple.

Thanks for the headsup on the chokes FS. I thought I replied quick, but someone had snagged them :(

Something like this may work... ( EDIT: this particular one is for a 3 carb set-up)

chakoko.jpg

Any dead sleds lying around?....as in snowmobiles?

Grab the dual throttle cables.....should work rather well... :D

PC240029.jpg

PC240026.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get the cable splitter figured out? I can get you one cheap if not. Is that old battery still cranking?

That battery is kicking ass, thanks again! I haven't got a choke cable yet. Ran into a bit of a hurdle. The intake w/ the carbs is ported. Waaay ported, as in a little bigger than the gasket. So I'm camping on the SU project for now. I'd have to port the head to get them to work right. I wish I had a non-ported intake :( But they will go on eventually, and I will need a choke. What are the details on the cable? Maybe PM me?

• 2 weeks later...

Doin' some engine bay clean-up. Starting w/ driver side. I guess under all that spraypaint, the truck used to be red :D Getting wires tucked, and prepping for welding the holes up, and then real paint.

"extra wires" :D

6-1.jpg

5-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

Relocated coil and HEI module

3-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

LOL, apparently you don't need this do-dad (distributor relay I think???)

1-2.jpg

Prepping front end of cab for por-15, and stripping panels for satin black paint

d1.jpg

Determined that passenger fender is aftermarket, and is over an inch longer than stock. Will be replacing w/ stock, and cutting patches out of aftermarket fender to accomodate Bluebird arrow markers. And these are on the way :hyper:

bullet.jpg

Project is starting to pick up pace, in time for my first Canby. Oh yeah, and picked up a practically new high performance radiator out of the 2-dr 510 at PnP!!!! sweeeeet.

• 2 weeks later...

Been slowly working my way across the engine bay, taking the harness apart for a wire tuck. I get to the voltage regulator/passenger side headlight area of harness and find this :(

Havoc in Harness-Town! Coming soon to a theater near you. Ree...Reee....Reee. Well I'm glad I uncovered it before something horrible happened. Damn can of worms. These ground wires are COOKED!

2-7.jpg

1-6.jpg