another question

Charboucher

is it possible to have cavatation in water pump, so that thermostat rises to 180(on after market gauge) and stock gauge, and stays there, BUT my heater and defrost never heat up now. lower radiator hose does NOT collapse either so I'm trying to figure out whats going on. not losing any fluid though either. so, there ya go.:confused:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the simple solution would say the hot water is not getting to your heater core. Check the hoses on the heater core (bypassed?) and that valve that is supposed to move with the arm that says HOT and COLD. It is probably stuck closed.

These items are all in the cab of the truck.

cool, I'll check the lever. It used to get hot and it just stopped working one day so i thought it was kinda strange. I'll see if the lever is stuck or I guess rather, the valve might be stuck. never heard of that happening but I'll try it out.

thanks

Mine did the exact same thing, the cable came off when the valve was half open so everyday it felt like less and less heat was coming out... Maybe it was because every day was deeper into winter :D The boys reminded me about the valve. Thanks guys

man I must be lucky. all my switches are workking, including the seatbelt buzzer, and dimmer switch, and lights that are in the switches. ^_^

Not too sure if you realize...but those lights in the switches are "state of the art"!!!....a new concept of transmitting light over a wire called: FIBEROPTICS !!!:D

True. My new '76 B 210 had this and I thought the stiff black thing was the electrical wire until I pulled it out and looked. There was one bulb in a container with four or five 'wires' going to the switches and the ash tray. 'state of the art'

now we have LEDs

do you see the light? DO YOU SEE THE LIGHT??.... James Brown in 'The Blues Brothers'