"Datsunami" 510 SR23DET S14 Build.... SR-TITTY-THREE!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im pushing it as is to be honest, this is all on company time. Ill get him to do the 3 color at that height tho

However im sure there are some photochop wizards here that can help out!!! HINT HINT guys ;)

• Like 1

its not photoshop.. the best i could do with paint actually...lol.. but at least you get a basic idea...

your right bro... kinda does look like a hotwheel..

DSC00350.jpg

• Like 1

I needed some nice bolts for the Strut Tower bar so I Googled “12 point 3/8” x 3” flange bolt.” Came up with a company named Allen Fasteners. Everything looked legit and the site allowed me to buy bolts one at a time. The pricing was kind of high but better than having to buy 5, 10 or 20 at a time.

So I ordered two 3/8-24x3” 12 Point Flange bolts and matching 12pt Stainless Nuts. Cost me around $18.

I receive the hardware and attempt to spin the nut onto the bolt. Well, it would not go on smoothly. So I got a couple of wrenches and started to chase the threads with the Nut.

Well, the damn nut galls and gets stuck onto the bolt. It was not cross threaded or anything. WTF? I tried the other bolt and nut, it would not go on smoothly either but I was not about to make the same mistake.

So I email the company and after 2 days don’t get a response.

I then decide to call them. A guy names Allen gets on the phone. Guess it’s his company.

Well, I explain the problem to him and he asks me if I used anti seize on the nut first.

I told him no, why? I was just dry fitting the nut without any torque. He told me I always need to use anti seize. I was like huh? I shouldn’t have to use it to just spin a nut onto a bolt. Besides, I have hundreds of bolts on my car that don’t need anti seize. Also, anti seize is for applications where there is heat and cooling cycles and possible galling when torqued.

I started to say I wanted ARP nuts and bolts instead cause they are made to a standard but he cuts me off mid sentence with a huff and says “Fuck this shit, just send them back and I will credit your back the money." I then started to say all I wanted is an exchange but he cuts me off again saying, “I'll say it one more time man, send 'em back, you'll get your money and that's the end of it.”

I was like Whaaat the hell. That escalated way too fast.

So I apologized for any miss understanding and tried another time to calmly explain what I wanted and he fuckin’ cuts me off again saying, “Your never going to be happy, so just fucking send back the bolts and that’s it. I’ll credit you your fucking money and that will be the end of it.”

WTF??!!

At that point I just said, “Thanks for the stellar Customer Service, Have a good Day.” and hung up.

I sent that shit out ½ hour later!

So just say No to Allen Fasteners or call Mr. Ballistic just to fuck with him!!! 19092238347…. Hahaha

I foresee a lot of angry calls lol!

I know, kind of long post but shit, I am still perplexed as to why it escalated so fast.

Believe me, I am not lying, I did not act rude or overly pushy. I calmly challenged his argument and I got a torpedo up my ass.

Oh well, like everything else, this will just have to cost me more money. I will have to buy 5 of them just to use 2.

I will find use for the others.

Wow, if I can tuck them, I think they would look pretty nice!

Damn, thanks for coming through Adam!!

Ya, so your appearance was delayed by a day right?

What was the outcome?

Shit, I hope they realized it was all a kludge and dropped everything.

Unlikely tho. So fill me in bro.

ill message you on FB, im gunna keep the shenaniganz off ratsun

• Like 1