Old stuff on ebay

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If people want it, they will pay for it. That's how it works.

If you've got $20k into a full restoration, a $180 set of emblems would be a drop in the bucket.

Your typical restomodder is going to scoff, but the people who are purists are not really going to care.

They can get what they need, and the price is negligible.

We're not supposed to be commenting on people's prices, but since it's not the Ebay seller's thread here goes !

Yeah, purists might go for prices like that but the biggest thing to remember here is that we are talking about DATSUNS !

... not some vintage Benz, Merc, Jag, or whatever [insert elitist collector car name here]

Want to see some more ridiculous prices? Try new-datsun-parts.com

Sorry if the operator is a member here, but $137 for a 620 brake drum and $67 for rear brake shoes ? Really ?

We're not supposed to be commenting on people's prices, but since it's not the Ebay seller's thread here goes !

Yeah, purists might go for prices like that but the biggest thing to remember here is that we are talking about DATSUNS !

... not some vintage Benz, Merc, Jag, or whatever [insert elitist collector car name here]

Sorry if the operator is a member here, but $137 for a 620 brake drum and $67 for rear brake shoes ? Really ?

True story when I got pissed the fuck off at the outrageous prices of stuff for this car on Ebay, I hit up the dealership and everything was a solid 5-20$ cheaper.

I'm a "purist", and a collector, and there's no way in hell I'd pay some of those prices.

Realistically, there's not much in there for cars that are even on the road still... lots of those parts are '64 and older, not too many of us restoring those.

He'll be sitting on that stuff for quite some time.

Early 620 drums are at least $116 at dealers and this is the 2003 price.

Volkswagen's were also marketed as cheap affordable cars! You'd fall on your ass if you saw what some parts sell for those cars sell for now a days! Makes our Datsun parts look CHEAP!! old car EQUALS expensive; That is the Reality of any old car no matter what it is!

Yes I understand the 'rarity' of certain NOS parts, but the reason I pointed out those particular items (drums & shoes) is because of the reality that I gave away perfectly good drums for free after trying to get $20 for a pair of them on Craigslist for over a month (funny how fast they go when they are free!).

It also took multiple listings on Ebay to unload a new set of rear shoes, and I had to reduce the price to $12 to do it !

Again sorry to slam a possible Ratsun member's price, and maybe he moves a ton of them, but I just can't imagine a lot of people out there willing to pay that kind of money for those parts. And does it really matter if the shoes are "Made in Japan"? Like even a concourse judging show they aren't going to be taking off the drums to find that stamp are they?

I've seen way worse. actually the prices aren't that bad. Anything with the old style red white and blue box is not going to be cheap no matter who's selling it including ratsun members. Besides when your the only one that has a certain piece on the market you can basically ask whatever you want. Also nomatter the stigma not all datsun owners or ratsun members are cheap. Especially with some of the really clean 521's that have been popping up this year that I'm jealous about. People will pay money for a new nos part like $300 for a uncracked 521 dash pad. nla 521 inner wheel bearings??? I tried to pay $90 a piece at the dealer and got refunded cause they just dont have them anymore and never will.

But yeah. There is a guy parting out a b210 on ebay and the parts are rough and the prices are ridiculous. No I mead crazy ridiculous.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/chevyss58/m.html?_nkw=b210&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.