Another new guy here

danzo620

truck01.jpg

I've been checking out the forum for about a week now, and I know how important the oics are so I figured I'd lead off with one.

Just bought this beauty from a guy in San Diego and drove her back to Santa Monica the same day. She ran super smooth, no problems whatsoever.

Everything works, all the gauges, lights, everything. There's even keyless remote entry with a super loud, annoying, hyper sensitive alarm that I will soon be attempting to disable. I would like to keep the locking/unlocking feature but the alarm siren and all the beeping that goes along with locking and unlocking is just unnecessary IMO.

More pics to keep the sharks at bay:

truck02.jpg

truck03.jpg

truck04.jpg

The dash and interior is in great shape. No cracks on the dash, PO had carpeting installed and it's done well.

truck11.jpg

truck07.jpg

PO really took care of this ride. Replaced all kinds of stuff, upgraded all kinds of stuff, and kept all the other stuff in really good shape.

With all that said, there are still definitely some things I want to do. The seat padding on the drivers side is totally beat and basically wrecked my back on the drive from San Diego. The mirrors are some kind of spring loaded contraption that render themselves nearly useless on the road with all the bouncing and shaking. The brakes are drum brakes and require a good amount of leg strength to operate, but they do work once you're used to mashing the pedal all the way down. And the drivers side door and fender are all dented at the door/fender seam and need to eventually be replaced.

truck09.jpg

truck10.jpg

My to do list so far consists of:

SOON - seat padding, mirrors, brakes (upgrade to front disc (I've already been scoping out Beebani) change out master cylinder and potentially new rear drums for now), and lots of little things like wiper blades, new shifter knob (current one is VERY loose), new steering wheel - I want one of those cool wood and chrome ones, yellow high beams because I just like the way that looks.

EVENTUALLY - carb upgrade to weber, weather stripping around the doors, replace driver door and fender, rear disc conversion, maybe lower even though I actually like the current stance. And of course at some point I would love to do a KA swap, but the engine currently runs so well and reliably that I am in no hurry to do that one.

Anyways, that's enough from me. I'm always open to suggestions and advice. I'll be surfing the forum finding answers to most of my questions, but I'm sure I'll be asking tons of questions in the meantime.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

truck01.jpg

I've been checking out the forum for about a week now, and I know how important the oics are so I figured I'd lead off with one.

Just bought this beauty from a guy in San Diego and drove her back to Santa Monica the same day. She ran super smooth, no problems whatsoever.

Everything works, all the gauges, lights, everything. There's even keyless remote entry with a super loud, annoying, hyper sensitive alarm that I will soon be attempting to disable. I would like to keep the locking/unlocking feature but the alarm siren and all the beeping that goes along with locking and unlocking is just unnecessary IMO.

More pics to keep the sharks at bay:

truck02.jpg

truck03.jpg

truck04.jpg

The dash and interior is in great shape. No cracks on the dash, PO had carpeting installed and it's done well.

truck11.jpg

truck07.jpg

PO really took care of this ride. Replaced all kinds of stuff, upgraded all kinds of stuff, and kept all the other stuff in really good shape.

With all that said, there are still definitely some things I want to do. The seat padding on the drivers side is totally beat and basically wrecked my back on the drive from San Diego. The mirrors are some kind of spring loaded contraption that render themselves nearly useless on the road with all the bouncing and shaking. The brakes are drum brakes and require a good amount of leg strength to operate, but they do work once you're used to mashing the pedal all the way down. And the drivers side door and fender are all dented at the door/fender seam and need to eventually be replaced.

truck09.jpg

truck10.jpg

My to do list so far consists of:

SOON - seat padding, mirrors, brakes (upgrade to front disc (I've already been scoping out Beebani) change out master cylinder and potentially new rear drums for now), and lots of little things like wiper blades, new shifter knob (current one is VERY loose), new steering wheel - I want one of those cool wood and chrome ones, yellow high beams because I just like the way that looks.

EVENTUALLY - carb upgrade to weber, weather stripping around the doors, replace driver door and fender, rear disc conversion, maybe lower even though I actually like the current stance. And of course at some point I would love to do a KA swap, but the engine currently runs so well and reliably that I am in no hurry to do that one.

Anyways, that's enough from me. I'm always open to suggestions and advice. I'll be surfing the forum finding answers to most of my questions, but I'm sure I'll be asking tons of questions in the meantime.

nice truck just like mine back in the 80s

if you need any disc brake upgrades check my wilwood set up or 300zx or the regular 4x4 calipers you can see me at eagle rock swap meet next time

or email me any questions at krecs1@hotmail.com