Gagging for a solid 620 pickup, anywhere in world considered.

Hi folks I love Datsuns and have wanted a nice 620 since like.. forever.

I am looking for RH drive ideally but if I have no luck searching Australia or Japan I would like to get a USA truck.

I would like a longbed, but would also consider a shortbed Kingcab.

There are no good 620s where I live, I have looked for 15 years and not found one!

I have imported a Plymouth from USA before so I have some idea what is involved in organising such things.

I'm from England by the way, about 30 miles south of London.

I have seen a few 620s on Craigslist but so far, people don't seem to reply to my emails. I don't know if some kind of filter is in place there because the email is from outside US.

Anyways, the important thing for me is to find as non-rusty 620 as possible. Anything else I can sort no problem. I can rebuild motors, trannys, brakes get paintwork redone, but the body really does need to be a really good starting point.

Due to logistics , truck would need to be not too far from a port.

Anyway, serious buyer here, if you spot something that might be suitable for me, let me know. I'd much rather buy from someone within the community who knows what they are talking about rather than some hick with a bondo'd up wreck on evilbay etc. Thankyou!

Will

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

(I guess 'gagging for' must be an English expression that is lost on the rest of the world? )

Money wise between $500-$1500 US for a project truck solid but needing pulling apart and restoring. I would go more for something nicer if it had good original paint for example , I see that peachy original yellow one in USA sold for $2500 last month. There is also a lovely original orange one still in its original paint for sale in Florida USA for $2500obo So I guess up to that sort of money for a nice one. A little more if it is RH drive. It will cost me around $1500-$2000 to get it home so it needs to be priced right to start with.

The Florida one would be great but it is a shortbed so I am continuing my search.

This is why I need to find a solid truck... I bought this on Evilbay in the UK last week, this is the sort of condition these trucks get to in the UK, if you can even find them!

620-lhd001.jpg

It would cost me less to buy and import a solid truck than it would cost for me to try and weld this thing up ! Parts donor me thinks.

PS I do not want one that has the cargo hooks cut off !

Hi,

(I guess 'gagging for' must be an English expression that is lost on the rest of the world? )

Money wise between $500-$1500 US for a project truck solid but needing pulling apart and restoring. I would go more for something nicer if it had good original paint for example , I see that peachy original yellow one in USA sold for $2500 last month. There is also a lovely original orange one still in its original paint for sale in Florida USA for $2500obo So I guess up to that sort of money for a nice one. A little more if it is RH drive. It will cost me around $1500-$2000 to get it home so it needs to be priced right to start with.

The Florida one would be great but it is a shortbed so I am continuing my search.

This is why I need to find a solid truck... I bought this on Evilbay in the UK last week, this is the sort of condition these trucks get to in the UK, if you can even find them!

620-lhd001.jpg

It would cost me less to buy and import a solid truck than it would cost for me to try and weld this thing up ! Parts donor me thinks.

PS I do not want one that has the cargo hooks cut off !

OMG that poor thing :(

Ideally looking for something under $2000 aus, of course i would expect to do some body/paint etc , dont mind if it needs some mechanical attention, maybe engine is worn out etc. if it looks ratty i wont have to pay over the odds on import duty either. Anyone know of anything about?

• 2 weeks later...

Australia shipping is more than I thought :( Still looking. Saw lovely blue KC for sale on here in but it was 900 miles from US port and it sold before I figured out a way to get it to a port. A Pretty nice orange one sold on ebay just before i started looking (found it in completed items) :(

I am toying with the idea of bringing a few trucks in one 40' container, then restoring them once here but I would need a helpful person out there who is practical and resourceful to store a few things, load it for me. Thats a long shot of course , but naturally I would pay them for it.

Looking like West coast would be my best option for finding some good stuff. Seen some amazing cheap projects over that side , OR, WA, CA.

I also will buy stuff like 5 speed trannys from B210/B310 and am looking for a pickup bed for a friend with a '69 Ford F250

Thanks for looking!

Here is a thought. Maybe it would be worth your time to plan a trip the the USA, to look as some trucks in person. Being here it might be easier for you to arrange shipping back to England.

Something to consider is getting a truck from the Southwest part of the USA, generally you will have less rust, but in exchange, you may have more sun damage on the interior.

If you have your heart set on a RH drive truck, that pretty much rules out the USA as a source for a truck, but maybe you could use the parts from your red "fork lift special", if it is RH drive, to convert a USA LH drive truck to RH drive.

I would not think shipping from the USA would be that much less than an Australian truck, chances are the USA truck is going to be from the West coast of the USA. There is a lot more Datsuns on the side of the USA closest to Japan.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.