1967 RL411 Super Sport Sedan

MikeRL411

I bought this car 40 years ago. Its greatest attribute is FUN! Its also reliable. As an example, 3 of the 4 headlights are original, the fourth was broken by a car sliding on wet pavement. I "ruined" complete authenticity by adding a JC Whitney third brake light. I got tired of seeing the looks of sheer panic on teen aged drivers coming up behind me as they realized that not all cars have high mounted third brake lights.

Rear The license plate says it all.

ip7ejs.jpg

Front

veu060.jpg

Engine I have been experimenting with silicone heater hose ergo green color.

2yowv86.jpg

Alt front

[imghttp://i30.tinypic.com/34gu1s6.jpg[/img]

Interior showing British Borg Warner gear select and aftermarket Radio Shack radio. Clock is not Datsun, its an ordinary battery powered one in same position as original clock would have.

acbuq8.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AWESOME!!! And triple S no less!!! You guys are killing me with these great 411's lately!! I want one so bad!

A hearty welcome MArk! I hear the exaust runs through the wheel well on the SSS. I am no expert on lowering a car, but, If someone wanted to lower a 411, do you think the exhaust would be a factor, or is it far enough away from everything? Prolly a silly question.

AWESOME!!! And triple S no less!!! You guys are killing me with these great 411's lately!! I want one so bad!

A hearty welcome MArk! I hear the exaust runs through the wheel well on the SSS. I am no expert on lowering a car, but, If someone wanted to lower a 411, do you think the exhaust would be a factor, or is it far enough away from everything? Prolly a silly question.

The exhaust would be a problem. There is a hole in the inner fender liner for the exhaust pipe below the air cleaner [which is not identical to the 1600 roadster. It and the filter element are 1 inch shorter] and if you lower the suspension the upper stud of the shock absorber would hit the exhaust pipe. You could cut the stud after installing it, but then I don't know how you would grasp the shock when you went to change it out. But then, its a bad shock so just get the vise grips out. MIKE

The exhaust would be a problem. There is a hole in the inner fender liner for the exhaust pipe below the air cleaner [which is not identical to the 1600 roadster. It and the filter element are 1 inch shorter] and if you lower the suspension the upper stud of the shock absorber would hit the exhaust pipe. You could cut the stud after installing it, but then I don't know how you would grasp the shock when you went to change it out. But then, its a bad shock so just get the vise grips out. MIKE

That is great info to know, thanks Mike!

Beautiful car. Is that an Air Force Base sticker on the front bumper? Are you a military guy? I used to be Air Force. I'm also looking for a nice RL411. Please let me know if you come across any for sale in the NorCal area.

Gil

You have good eyes. I am Air Force and the Aerospace Corporation Retired and the sticker is from the "invisible" Los Angeles Air Force Base, which almost all of Los Angeles does not know exists. The base was totally rebuilt last year and I waiting for the auto hobby shop to reappear. I have done some of my best work there.