Fat510`s 79 A10 warthog

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So as of 12:01 Friday morning this car was insured and was to become his daily while we freshen up his celica...BUT ...the 500 mile new ring oil change was going on Thursday night and i felt drips on my face..Come to find out the only hose that didn`t get changed was leaking .. The heater hose goes all the way behind heater so there`s no way you can change without pulling heater box, and being a newer vehicle we all know what that means,,

datsun522349.jpg

datsun522347.jpg

datsun522352.jpg

8312 screws and 2 hoses later it`s all back together but, he was being a prick to old dad, so i made him drive the Yota to his grand parents this weekend... :fu: :fu:...

you mess with the bull you get the Toyota.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

So because of the refusal of FAT510 to update this thread it had dropped to page 9 even thought there has been work done to it since May,,,so i thought,, HEY! i got a picture of him in front of my old 720 ,, that is long since gone,, you can see the roof of it in the picture..

FAT510004-4.jpg

:lol:

The old Ferguson still runs and i still use it to scrape the driveway..

• 2 weeks later...

So my son will never update this without some child abuse going on all up in here soooo, i will keep post whoring if for no other reason but to document what the pictures are in the future.....I had him buy a short shifter from the wanted section here for a little more than half price of new one ,, and he installed this evening, while i took pictures.

....The shifter was in almost brand new condition so went together with just the addition of new shifter bushings that were old and had dissolved over time.. shift pattern is now about 2 inches total throw from 1st to 2nd gears

OLD shifter

FAT510001-1.jpg

FAT510002-1.jpg

NEW shifter

FAT510004-1.jpg

FAT510003-1.jpg

Actual work being done

FAT510006-1.jpg

FAT510005-1.jpg

Installed shifter fit real good.

FAT510009-1.jpg

1st gear

FAT510007-1.jpg

2nd gear ,,,,,,,,,,about 2 inches total

FAT510008-1.jpg

No they are really thin headed type and one side is ground off of both ,, so it will pass the other going in if ground sides face each other ..But they seem to be stainless so the wrench held them pretty tight. There`s no possible way you could get them both in if the were any longer or head was bigger.

Hex headed with like one side wider and beveled ,,,if that makes since....you can kinda see what imma saying in the first new shifter pic on the left..

• 2 weeks later...

The starter in the Warthog was getting to the point of having to bang on it every time he started it , so before he went to football practice today i made him change it.. Oreilly`s has them in stock locally for 31 bucks but i dug around and tested a few i have, and found 2 that seemed to work.. I sure wish i had a bunch of really cool junk instead of just a bunch of useable parts ....Anyways he`s back on the road and not out any money in doing so.

Official starter testing area ....and the two that passed.

FAT510004-2.jpg

FAT510005-2.jpg

Him rubbin his fender, so deep into it,, he might need to wash his face afterwards

FAT510003-2.jpg

FAT510002-2.jpg

And the 1-800 number in case it fails ...you can bet yer ass imma calling

FAT510006-2.jpg

It was in the lizard mobiles trunk when we pulled it out of the shed it was in,, so the warranty might have expired 7 or 8 years ago...

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

hey, i love what youve done with your datsun! i have a 79 510 4 dr and im reallly trying to figure out how i should lower it since there aren't any aftermarket coilovers. It looks like you just clamped your springs, and im not sure how that works, so if you could just give me some tips on what you did that would be great!

hey, i love what youve done with your datsun! i have a 79 510 4 dr and im reallly trying to figure out how i should lower it since there aren't any aftermarket coilovers. It looks like you just clamped your springs, and im not sure how that works, so if you could just give me some tips on what you did that would be great!

The coilovers that fit the older 69-73 510s are the same size as the ones you would use on your car,, the camber plates are the same as well.. BUT ,, the newer 510 has way smaller springs so you can drop spring farther down past tire even with wide wheels,,,( within reason of course )  so the need to have coilovers isn`t as great,,,,older 510 ones it will probably hit the tire no matter what size..

It`s pretty much the same as all 510s 610s b210s in that you just cut lower spring perch off and drop it down,, the clamp collar is just to keep the height you want and so there is no welding at all involved.. I never knew how to do it till i found out on this site and the picture whores on here that made understanding it easier than just reading...I bought the clamps off Ebay but you can get them other places..

...The clamps on my sons car (the one in this thread) have been on for a year and we have lowered them for summer and then raised them back up 1 3/4 inches to save tires for winter,,  he drives this everyday so lots of miles means he was chewing through 14s pretty fast,, and the clamps have never been an issue....  i am posting a link to a thread with a good explaination and the pictures i used back in 2010 to figure out how to,,, when i did my 71 510...thread is from 2012 so you can see the info is still applicable as ever...

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/44740-510-front-strut-how-to-lower/

....If you still are scared ,, at somepoint make a point to come out to a meet and we would be more than happy to show you exactly what your looking at in the pictures. Hell we might even rip a tire off to show you if you need....well, that sounds kinda creepy.

He hasn`t done shit to his wagon but he has helped his little brother prep his car for paint, well ,, as little as possible but still..

If your looking for Datsun oics turn away now ,,, TURN AWAY!!

ddnpye_zps36e0d79a.jpg

They`re all gonna laugh at you!!

This was " Doodies old car " ,, but his brother is almost old enough to start driving on the highway legally.. :ninja:.. and is taking over ownership.... The car had hand size rust holes on the bottom corner of glass and 3 -4 inch holes along top of fender .. We/ i glassed them from the backside and then we added bondo........lots and lots of Bondo..

Car has hauled a few Datsun engines and went to quite a few meets before he got his Wagon,, and that is more than i can say about most of the members cars on here ,,,, so.

TrackFBallMisc006_zpsa4ac8d38.jpg

TrackFBallMisc002_zps42c74aea.jpg

TrackFBallMisc001_zpsfdaa07b7.jpg

Makin body lines with Bondo ,, just like Chip..

there is no metal under about 80% of that filler there,,, just 8 layers of heavy fiberglass mate saturated with Por15

TrackFBallMisc003_zpsd88a08ab.jpg

TrackFBallMisc004_zps8b8320ee.jpg

It is smooth-er-ish enough for paint now ,,but this picture was from yesterday,,, 

• Like 1

, as it removed the button that controls the intensity of the interior lights?

Could you rephrase ?,,,,,  Google translated it into English badly / poorly ..

Also.....    Post in your language again , someone might be able to translate better for me... :)

Do you need a switch ?

wow very good project! Great all motor work!

I have a question, as it removed the button that controls the intensity of the interior lights? which is located on the left side of the steering wheel on the dashboard.

Chihuahua Mexico? Yo puedo traducir de Espanol a Ingles.

• Like 1

Funny i have been growing the ole beard out for winter and you have no idea how close to true life scruffiness that picture is..

Figured we switched roles for a sec bro

hella

i havent shaved in two months I have stubble! jk ollz

wait winter, its spring

Come out of hibernation a bit late eh 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...