Best way to put on and take off hubcaps

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To Put Them On Just Beat On Them With Your Palm :lol:

And thirty years from now you too can have arthritis~!:(

Get yourself a soft-faced deadblow hammer for installs.

For removal opt for a lever of some sorts. Using a screwdriver or any tool requiring twisting is more likly to damage wheel paint and the cap's lip. Wrap the end w/ electrical tape to reduce scratches...

Peace~

Scott

Stock tire iron/lug wrench has a screwdriver blade shape on the one end, just pry off with that.

To install wheel covers, I line up an opening over the valve stem so I don't bend or cover it, place the edge of the wheel cover in place on the bottom of the rim and lean my knee against it so it can't pop out. Now place the cover onto the rim and place you're left hand at about 11 o'clock and press inwards while lightly thumping the 3 o'clock position with the heel of your hand. Work your way around anti-clockwise. They are very thin and will dent easily so go easy.

Hub caps are much stronger and usually fit over three small balls welded to the rim. Just clip the rim over any two and thump on the cap with your hand above the third.