My New 1200 Sport Coupe

goes2fast

Well I got lucky and found a 1200 Sport Coupe that was in good shape, and affordable, so I made a deal and flew to San Francisco to drive it home last weekend. I haven't taken a lot of pics yet, but I'm posting what I have. This is almost the same car as the original I bought in 72, same color, but a 71.

This is the guy I bought it from, very cool guy, and will tell more about him later.

Martin1200.jpg[/img]

Just my new toy.

1200-1.jpg[/img]

First Stop Reno.

1200Reno.jpg[/img]

I love the wide open spaces of Nevada!

TopEnd.jpg[/img]

Sorry, every time I try to post pics, I can't remember hoe to do it. Sucks being a old fart! :(

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I got lucky and found a 1200 Sport Coupe that was in good shape, and affordable, so I made a deal and flew to San Francisco to drive it home last weekend. I haven't taken a lot of pics yet, but I'm posting what I have. This is almost the same car as the original I bought in 72, same color, but a 71.

This is the guy I bought it from, very cool guy, and will tell more about him later.

Martin1200.jpg

Just my new toy.

1200-1.jpg

First Stop Reno.

1200Reno.jpg

I love the wide open spaces of Nevada!

TopEnd.jpg

Sorry, every time I try to post pics, I can't remember hoe to do it. Sucks being a old fart! :(

Thanks for the advice and compliments, now if some one will tell me what front struts I can use to update it and be able to find good inserts for, I'll be in good shape. I've been driving it around a little and starting to work on getting the few bugs out of it. I'm already thinking that with a more modern suspension, and better brakes, this is going to be one of the most fun cars I've ever owned. :D

Lovin the twelvehundy goestofast! Looks really solid, and totally period with those wheels. I want to hear more about the chap who sold it to you too. Looks like there was a story there!

2eDeYe' date='30 September 2011 - 08:25 AM' timestamp='1317392725' post='555251']

Nice :cool:

Thanks for all the comments, I love the little hot rod more every day. It looks like a slow econobox, but as you can see in the night speedo shot, it goes pretty good. It has a A14 with a Weber, and headers plus the 5 speed = FUN! I just need better shocks, sway bars, brakes, wider tires, and lowered a couple of inches to be perfect. I was going to put a SR20 in it, but the A14 runs so good, I've shelved that plan for now. I've found a coil over kit that will work if I can find out what struts to use. As soon as I have time I will post more pics of Martins toys and tell you guys more about him, he's cool for 77 years young! :D

• 1 month later...

Congrats on the win.....I just joined here a couple of days ago because of that car....I was the high bidder for like three days right before i said enough( was gonna cost me to much to bring to Vancouver) ..I knew i should have hit the buy it now, if fact my wife told me to ,but i kept telling myself i didn't need another car............Now it's in my head and I'm looking hard.....Have fun and enjoy bud.