I got Skib-spotted tonight. (My 280z)

Korvus

I posted on here briefly a while back when I bought a 1978 620

I never really posted here again as I began to realize I had bitten off WAY more than I could chew in trying to make that truck pretty. I still love it, but It maintains its ratty, rickety charm with all the quirks I can't fix alone.

BUT I got off work tonight to find a Ratsun.net business card in my windshield with "Skib @ Ratsun.net" on the back of it. I grinned all the way home. Didn't know any of you guys were in Medford...And, to be honest, it felt REAL good to have someone think I should join up here (considering I knew already knew what Ratsun was. :P)

Got myself a new ride...A little less work:

Links because big OIC's are big

Both 1978's.

Of course, it had to break me in like the truck did...

To see if I was willing and worthy...

(Since then I have four new tires on it...Just haven't taken any more oic's.)

I fell in love with this car instantaneously and also bought it on impulse, but it was in MUCH better shape and, in my opinion more realistically worth what I paid. I bought it from a local used car dealership for $2,500. They wanted $3,800, but I had it checked out before I bought it this time (something I should have done with the ragged purple 620) and used what I found out to bring 'em down. So far I've spent almost $1,000 having the few things wrong with it corrected, but it's been WELL worth it. It's my baby, and I've been bugging the shit out of everyone I know with my happiness. :P

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes the Z was still looking like a Z then. Never cared for the zx looks much.

I agree, but I do like the later generation of 300zx's.

I had seen that Z in the hewitt's dealership for awhile and then I saw you driving it when I was pulling in the gas station in South Fred Meyer in my copper 280zx turbo. I'm not a big fan of 2+2 Z's but that's a really clean one.

Ahaha...I actually work at that gas station. I've pumped your gas on more than occasion.

I don't like the weight the 2+2 adds, but I like being able to bring more than one person with me.

Will do.

Cool man, I know another guy that has an S30 (240z) that I just sold my 5 speed & clutch off my old engine a few days ago also gave him a card and told him about the meets Skib wants to have so the more the better. If you ever need a few parts I got 2 L28's one a N/A & the other a turbo block.

Cool man, I know another guy that has an S30 (240z) that I just sold my 5 speed & clutch off my old engine a few days ago also gave him a card and told him about the meets Skib wants to have so the more the better. If you ever need a few parts I got 2 L28's one a N/A & the other a turbo block.

I know of a girl with a 76 280z that I tried to refer to here because she was looking for parts and advice...Dunno if she'll bother, but when I'm in contact with her again I'll tell her about them as well.

There doesn't seem to be too many Datsuns in this town. (of course, I might not be looking hard enough.) I've seen a few Z's, three 510's, one 210, and several 620/720's. (edit: also one roadster. :P)

• 2 weeks later...