testing the waters 69 wagon

so I have been toying with the idea of selling my wagon without the engine or transmission just dont know what to ask???

here are a few things that it has:

Troys fully adjustable LCA and T/C rods and steering kit

4 wheel Wilwood disk brakes 12" rotors front 11.5 rear steel braided brake lines and 7/8" bore MC

clean interior will come with black RX7 seat

newish carpet

dont know if it would be sold with the Panasports or Rota RBs (both 16x7 +22)

REAL leather wrapped Nardi steering wheel and proper hub adapter

clean exterior some little spots of surface rust and the hatch has a bit of repair work done to it that I didnt notice when I bought it

factory drivers and passanger side mirrors

2.5" exhaust with Borla muffler (SS)

510 struts with coilovers and 250# springs with Koni sport adjustable inserts

custom valved rear coilovers (using as shocks no springs)

flipped lower leafspring and lowering blocks with 4* pinion angle

Dobi airdamwith

I know its only worth what someone will pay for it but as it sits without engine or transmission I have close to $9K into it if not more, What do you think? be honest but dont be an ass about it PLEASE

located in Norcal SF bay area

th_mjswgn-1.jpg

th_wagonpics5.jpg

th_wagonpics4.jpg

th_wagonpics2.jpg

th_wagonpics1.jpg

th_wagonpics3.jpg

th_1969wagonpicsnew001.jpg

th_1969wagonpicsnew002.jpg

th_1969wagonpicsnew003.jpg

th_1969wagonpicsnew004.jpg

th_1969wagonpicsnew005.jpg

th_1969wagonpicsnew006.jpg

th_1969wagonpicsnew011.jpg

th_1969wagonpicsnew012.jpg

th_1969wagonpicsnew013.jpg

th_1969wagonpicsnew021.jpg

th_mjswgn5.jpg

th_mjswgn.jpg

th_mjswgn3.jpg

th_mjswgn4.jpg

th_rusty003.jpg

th_rusty005.jpg

th_canby09-1.jpg

th_canby09-2.jpg

th_canby09-3.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Troys fully adjustable LCA and T/C rods and steering kit

4 wheel Wilwood disk brakes 12" rotors front 11.5 rear steel braided brake lines and 7/8" bore MC

dont know if it would be sold with the Panasports or Rota RBs (both 16x7 +22)

REAL leather wrapped Nardi steering wheel and proper hub adapter

I know its only worth what someone will pay for it but as it sits without engine or transmission I have close to $9K into it if not more, What do you think? be honest but dont be an ass about it PLEASE

I believe you when you say 9K into it, unfortunately Datsuns aren't money in the bank where, when we are done with them we can just cash them in and take our money back. For one thing all the new parts are now used and if sold would not get the purchase price. It's a bitch but there it is. I find (as a rule) when selling, you are lucky to get 2/3 what you put into it. The missing 1/3 is an enjoyment tax if you will. In extremely rare cases you might find someone who is looking for exactly what you have done to the car and even more rare has the money for it too. This person isn't interested in building and just wants an instant rocket ship ride and or status upgrade. That person may give you closer to what you have invested in it.

Now back to the car, minus the motor transmission and wheels and tires doesn't leave much in addition to the disc brakes and some front suspension parts. The body appears to be very nice and a good start for a project. Can I assume it has zx struts? Lowered? Any other things that would increase the body value that you haven't listed??

• Like 1

I've always admired this wagon. The powerplant is dreamy, but everything else is very nice as well. If you're keeping the FJ, find an inexpensive L motor and throw it in there and sell it as a running wagon. I think many people would consider a non-running car a parts car, and would expect it to be priced as that.

I've always admired this wagon. The powerplant is dreamy, but everything else is very nice as well. If you're keeping the FJ, find an inexpensive L motor and throw it in there and sell it as a running wagon. I think many people would consider a non-running car a parts car, and would expect it to be priced as that.

Thanks Jun coming from you its very flatering considering you have one of the nicest wagons Ive seen in pictures I have a couple options that I can toy with if I wanted to throw an L series in there. Like I said I am just testing the waters and see what people though

Clayton

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.